Canada and the U17 World Cup: Nov 10 to Dec 2 in Indonesia

18 minutes ago, Kent said:

If I was a ref, I think I would make the parents back up before the game starts, and make sure they know that the ball could hit them while it is still in play. But I feel like as a dad just there to watch if I took on that responsibility I would just come across as a pedantic jerk.

I'd back you up.

5 hours ago, Kent said:

If I was a ref, I think I would make the parents back up before the game starts, and make sure they know that the ball could hit them while it is still in play. But I feel like as a dad just there to watch if I took on that responsibility I would just come across as a pedantic jerk.

I feel exactly the same, I'd end up ranting at the idiots who'd look at me like I was an idiot, until they went back to their "boot it up" sideline coaching.

On 11/2/2023 at 11:09 PM, Approve My Account Pls said:

Kyler Vojvodic | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Academy

I am surprised he was dropped from the side.  He played a lot of minutes in the qualifiers and scored a couple I believe.  Looked a crafty striker.  That being said, I thought striker was one of the weakest areas of the side and it seems there have been wholesale changes there since qualifying 

On 9/15/2023 at 10:52 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Uzbekistan.

😤

Uzbekistan U17 beat Mexico U17 2-0 in a friendly match in Bali the other day.

https://www.foxsports.com.mx/2023/11/03/mexico-sub-17-cae-ante-uzbekistan-en-su-penultimo-partido-de-preparacion-rumbo-la-copa-mundial-sub-17-de-indonesia/

18 hours ago, An Observer said:

I am surprised he was dropped from the side.  He played a lot of minutes in the qualifiers and scored a couple I believe.  Looked a crafty striker.  That being said, I thought striker was one of the weakest areas of the side and it seems there have been wholesale changes there since qualifying 

Seeing on Twitter he's hurt apparently.

On 11/3/2023 at 3:07 PM, Footyeh said:

My predicted XI for Spain:

Abraham
Rigopoulos, Omeze, Stefanovic, Chukwu, DeMontigny
Badwal Biello Tahid
Klukowski Ozimec

VS Argentina,

If you scroll through the AFA's twitter photos it looks like Kevaughn Tavernier started for us.

Londono also saw some minutes.

EDIT:

Can someone who knows the player pool better than I do go to the Instagram account called "orange_veins" and open their stories? We see the starting XI walk out but it's too fast for me and I don't know some of the players' faces well enough. Can someone oblige us and write down the XI with a formation?

Thanks 😊 

----

28 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Canada lost 2-1 to Argentina, Tahid scored for us, Klukowski had a pen saved 

https://x.com/argentina/status/1721012694122385916?s=61&t=NTtDJBeSEaddbQ1qq60wYg

On that "orange_veins" account we also see that Biello was captain and the video of the far from superp Klukowski penalty.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

VS Argentina,

If you scroll through the AFA's twitter photos it looks like Kevaughn Tavernier started for us.

Londono also saw some minutes.

EDIT:

Can someone who knows the player pool better than I do go to the Instagram account called "orange_veins" and open their stories? We see the starting XI walk out but it's too fast for me and I don't know some of the players' faces well enough. Can someone oblige us and write down the XI with a formation?

Thanks 😊 

----

On that "orange_veins" account we also see that Biello was captain and the video of the far from superp Klukowski penalty.

Abraham
Rigopoulox, Lazar, Chukwu, Omeze, DeMotigny
Biello (c) Tahid Badwal
Tavernier Klukowski

Edited by Footyeh

9 hours ago, Atlantic said:

Canada lost 2-1 to Argentina, Tahid scored for us, Klukowski had a pen saved 

https://x.com/argentina/status/1721012694122385916?s=61&t=NTtDJBeSEaddbQ1qq60wYg

This feels like a pretty good result? Should have tied against a top country, gotta put those penalties away. And might not have been a 100% Argentina squad (rotation or experimenting) but this still seems far from a poor result. 

2 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Props to the comms team at Canada Soccer for being unable to even retweet anything on their feed so far.

Top work, lads.

BTW that would be "@Paulosenra" on twitter (or X), but I'll give him a break because they are understaffed and it is a Sunday.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille