Next CanMNT manager (Herdman to TFC)

Atlantic

I forget his name  but he managed Mexico  at the 2014 World Cup and I think currently manages Club America  in Mexico  . I think he would be in consideration for the job. He knows CONCACAF well and does have a good track record  internationally

6 hours ago, gigi riva said:

I forget his name  but he managed Mexico  at the 2014 World Cup and I think currently manages Club America  in Mexico  . I think he would be in consideration for the job. He knows CONCACAF well and does have a good track record  internationally

Juan Carlos Osorio? 

19 hours ago, YorkRegionFan said:

Now that we have a General Secretary, how long will it take to hire the next coach?  I am assuming it will be after the T&T game at the earliest.

Yeah I think so too but can you imagine if they take off the interim tag on Biello and they actually give him the job on a permanent basis?

26 minutes ago, narduch said:

Can we even get someone in before Copa?

Talk about trial by fire.  That's a difficult situation.  The new coach would pretty much have to just throw out a starting 11 based on videos and tell 'em all "go out there and do your thing" like 8 year olds soccer.  No time to implement any kind of system.  

At the same time, I'm so ready for a reset and fresh perspective, it's probably not a bad thing.  At least the new coach would learn something.  We keep making the same mistakes with players and formation, but don't seem to be learning anything from it, just falling deeper and deeper.

29 minutes ago, costarg said:

Talk about trial by fire.  That's a difficult situation.  The new coach would pretty much have to just throw out a starting 11 based on videos and tell 'em all "go out there and do your thing" like 8 year olds soccer.  No time to implement any kind of system.  

How much time did the new Morocco coach have in the lead up to the World Cup? They were a dark horse to get out of the group and look how they fared. Not saying it would be guarenteed the same for us at Copa (if we get there), but we can look to that for some hope, I suppose.

32 minutes ago, costarg said:

At the same time, I'm so ready for a reset and fresh perspective, it's probably not a bad thing.  At least the new coach would learn something.  We keep making the same mistakes with players and formation, but don't seem to be learning anything from it, just falling deeper and deeper.

Agreed. There was a time where I would have said just go with Biello, not enough time, but the pros you say outweigh the cons. And as mentioned, the new manager bump could be what gets us out of the group. 

No new info in that update, but an update this quick into his tenure is a very good sign. Probably being too optimistic, but my between the lines reading of him mentioning Biello and him being aware that they’re still searching for coaches even though he’s a candidate gives me the impression that they’re probably gonna go with someone else.

"To do this, I will be relying on a variety of perspectives from soccer experts within and around our sport — including players, alumni, administrators and other expert stakeholders — for their consultation throughout this process."

It's strange that I haven't heard from him yet.  Kevin, I'm happy to help, you can DM me through here and I'll be sure to get back to you.

1 hour ago, costarg said:

I 100% am with you on this. 

Devils advocate: 
The saving grace is that international footy can get away with this. Its often simpler systems that dont require as much familiarity and more plug and play. 

If you really dumb it down we could look at 2 formations that all the players know. 3-5-2 or 4-4-1-1 (4-2-3-1) ish. Keep it simple and just give basic instructions like both fullbacks overlap and the CDM drops in or 1 FB goes and the other stays. 

Then play selection isnt hard to do enough vs T and T. 

borjan
Johnston Cornleius miller davies
buchanan kone staq millar
david
larin 

Obviously we can say some combination of crepeau laryea vitoria adekugbe choiniere or oso would have a claim to start or that davies should play wing orplay with only one striker etc. But everyone knows the stars will start and then swap out any of our fringish guys in a 4-4-1-1 in any combination and we should be able to win against t and t. 

I personally advocate for biello and continuity for this game but I desperatly hope we sign a coach whos good enough that he only need a week to win with a much much better squad. 

1 minute ago, Bigandy said:

I 100% am with you on this. 

Devils advocate: 
The saving grace is that international footy can get away with this. Its often simpler systems that dont require as much familiarity and more plug and play. 

If you really dumb it down we could look at 2 formations that all the players know. 3-5-2 or 4-4-1-1 (4-2-3-1) ish. Keep it simple and just give basic instructions like both fullbacks overlap and the CDM drops in or 1 FB goes and the other stays. 

Then play selection isnt hard to do enough vs T and T. 

borjan
Johnston Cornleius miller davies
buchanan kone staq millar
david
larin 

Obviously we can say some combination of crepeau laryea vitoria adekugbe choiniere or oso would have a claim to start or that davies should play wing orplay with only one striker etc. But everyone knows the stars will start and then swap out any of our fringish guys in a 4-4-1-1 in any combination and we should be able to win against t and t. 

I personally advocate for biello and continuity for this game but I desperatly hope we sign a coach whos good enough that he only need a week to win with a much much better squad. 

Yes - all this is perfect - just don't forget to assign the PK and corner kick guy.  Not AD19 please.

I'm impressed with how prepped he is for this job and clued in already. Whether it's true or not he has certainly laid down the impression  he is ready to go and won't play the "I need bit of time to get the lay of the land and work things out" card.

It makes me wonder how long he has been interested, sounded out and prepped for this position. Reminds me of Eddie Howe coming into the Newcastle interview with a 1, 3, 5 and 10 year plan and vision for the club. Knowing what he wants and how he is going to get there. He seems well prepared.

Very positive talk, but the proof will be in the appointments and progress made.