Next CanMNT manager (Herdman to TFC)

Atlantic

8 hours ago, AnonymousInsider said:

So Jurgen Klopp is leaving Liverpool, would think he’s in the mix for the job. Maybe not top of the list, but a good backup choice no? One knock to his candidacy has to be his lack of experience managing a national team. Who knows if he would be able to handle the pressure of it all? Hope he proves me wrong if he does get the job 

Ugh, having a hard time digesting this. Haven't really been able to work today. My wife came home at lunch and found me crying in the office. Pretty ridiculous but Klopp is as close to irreplaceable as you can get. I feel like I'm losing a family member.

5 minutes ago, frmr said:

Ugh, having a hard time digesting this. Haven't really been able to work today. My wife came home at lunch and found me crying in the office. Pretty ridiculous but Klopp is as close to irreplaceable as you can get. I feel like I'm losing a family member.

I'm a Liverpool fan as well, perhaps not as intensely as before but its my EPL team and has been since about 1980.

Still, I wonder if Klopp is also thinking that it is a way to intensify and focus these next 5 months. They have a league they can win, and are alive in Champions. The team is on form, and some of the key rivals seem accessible in both key competitions, plus there's the Carabao final in a month, we're alive in the FA Cup. It is a very good way to give the team the edge to try to win as much and as big as possible. 

8 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'm a Liverpool fan as well, perhaps not as intensely as before but its my EPL team and has been since about 1980.

Still, I wonder if Klopp is also thinking that it is a way to intensify and focus these next 5 months. They have a league they can win, and are alive in Champions. The team is on form, and some of the key rivals seem accessible in both key competitions, plus there's the Carabao final in a month, we're alive in the FA Cup. It is a very good way to give the team the edge to try to win as much and as big as possible. 

Yeah it's going to a very emotional end of the season now. Europa rather than Champions League mind you, but that if they win that, that's every possible trophy he could have won with Liverpool. He deserves a grand finale to his Liverpool career and I agree, the players will be extremely emotionally charged now, as will the crowd. Will be a half a season to cherish and I hope he can have a crowning end to his time there.

Just now, frmr said:

Yeah it's going to a very emotional end of the season now. Europa rather than Champions League mind you, but that if they win that, that's every possible trophy he could have won with Liverpool. He deserves a grand finale to his Liverpool career and I agree, the players will be extremely emotionally charged now, as will the crowd. Will be a half a season to cherish and I hope he can have a crowning end to his time there.

Oh geez right, Europa not Champions. I don't know how I convinced myself there we were in CL.

Beating this Arsenal and Man City in the league would also be huge.

3 minutes ago, frmr said:

I like Klopp actually but I can't see the Red Scouse lower themselves to get that excited about the Europa League.  😉

Here's hoping they win the league after a tough fought run-in but sacrifice Europe to do it.  (My hope at least.)

On 1/19/2024 at 2:12 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

My feeling is with those who say it is on the players, and I tend to put a lot of emphasis on coaching.

I mean, just fucking ignore Biello if that is what it takes to win. 

Gold Cup 2009/Stephen Hart vibes. Sadly when it gets to a must-not-lose, away-in-Central-America type game, clearly you need a manager with nerves of steel to take pressure off the players

Edited by themodelcitizen

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Hell, someone dig up Harry Redknapp.   

I thought the same thing when I saw Bruce mentioned.

Just because they have a name, doesn't mean they will be the right person to lead the ship. I feel like the managers who have been there done that aren't the best as they probably don't care how well they do it... it's only the small country of Canada at the end of the day.

Food for thought: what if we try going for Peter Segert, the current head coach of Tajikistan? He's pulling off a miracle for them in the Asian Cup at the moment. His stock is probably rising now because of his performance but if he's looking for a new job in the near future I don't think he'd be that expensive of an option.

Could we even offer him more than whatever Tajikistan is paying him? The step from Maldives to Tajkistan is bigger than from Tajikistan to Canada, IMO. 

Either way, based on the amount that he berates fourth officials I'd rather him not be our NT coach.

Edited by Mihairokov

Tyc gossip today,  CSA is after Rodolfo Arruabarrena or Guillermo Barros Schelotto.  According the football channel the Boca Jr's link with the Canadian football is strong,   and their goal is to get a southAmerican football coach before any other region.  Don't say anything more about Gaultier nor Rènard