Next CanMNT manager (Herdman to TFC)

Atlantic

1 hour ago, RS said:

Curacao can offer world class beaches and great weather year-round, which should appeal to a man of retirement age like Advocaat. I doubt money or footballing considerations were even a factor in his decision.

Kluivert, Hiddink, now Advocatt. All within 3 ish years. Might be fronting up the cash but no one seems to stick very long. Kluivert and former Canada assistant manager Remko Bicentini have had two stints in the past 10 years and lasted a bit longer. 

Not sure they are in it for the right reasons! 

4 hours ago, masster said:

While I feel like he would be a good hire, the guy is awaiting a verdict from a French court over racism allegations! The Canadian media would have a field day with that!!

I think you nailed it, there is no way we could get past it. Otherwise, a fine coach and would be a solid option. Though I am still bothered that he had Justin Smith on the bench for Nice so many games and never gave him a single first-team minute, it would not have been so hard.

8 hours ago, Treppy2 said:

Should we be saying “neigh” to him being hired?

No he isn't from La France Vichy I guess if that is your reference, since I teach politics smartie,  on that for your interest of knowledge,  right now we are fighting down under here against the far- right that won with the Peronism working class people and union, we are rioting every corner of streets and avenues with our pots and cacerols with chants against the elite upper class neoliberalism, ...those Milton Friedman's zealots will sure be gone!!!!!

on Galtier's situation ,  he is from the side of La Resistance,  on behalf of Edith Pfiaff la même Môme de Paris herself , he sang La Marseillese alongside Laurent Blanc too!,  ,.... champ! 

The CSA needs to demonstrate that change at the director level President & General Secretary for starters, translates to competent  decision making & tangible results  rather than more of what has transpired over the past. Selecting & hiring the right manager for the CMNT will go a long way towards accomplishing that objective in the near term. With a possible COPA24 spot and WC26 at home, there are massive financial opportunities for the CSA to right the ship. Reaching a labour agreement with the players  would be another key achievement.

On 1/6/2024 at 2:36 PM, JAVIERF said:

No he isn't from La France Vichy I guess if that is your reference, since I teach politics smartie,  on that for your interest of knowledge,  right now we are fighting down under here against the far- right that won with the Peronism working class people and union, we are rioting every corner of streets and avenues with our pots and cacerols with chants against the elite upper class neoliberalism, ...those Milton Friedman's zealots will sure be gone!!!!!

on Galtier's situation ,  he is from the side of La Resistance,  on behalf of Edith Pfiaff la même Môme de Paris herself , he sang La Marseillese alongside Laurent Blanc too!,  ,.... champ! 

dont beat a dead horse

Im not sure why people are surprised that dutch coaches are willing to coach a dutch colony. Theres a huge influx of eredivise players, its an exciting project, it doesnt have to be super long term, its a great island. Trying to criticize the CSA because curacao can get advocaat and we cant is just wildly unfair. Its also wild to talk about the coaching wages being the reason we cant acquire a top coach. Top top coaches wouldnt want to coach a country like canada vs brazil. 

Next, herdman was 26/32 for wages at the WC. Hes gettting paid more than chris hughton who has about 500 games as a coach in the prem/chjampionship. Acquiring a top coach is not about money only. Theres also this sentiment that we are poor and will have to significantly reduce our pay to the coaches. Hedman was on about 500k in euros. Even if we cut that in half, we cannot afford to service our debt any better, hold mroe camps etc. Its just blind pessimism to suggest CSA will cut our coaching budget significantly as that is not a feasible strategy to solve our financial crisis.  

On 1/7/2024 at 3:36 AM, JAVIERF said:

This post explains beautifully why Argentina has been a shithole for the last 50 years.

5 hours ago, An Observer said:

This post explains beautifully why Argentina has been a shithole for the last 50 years.

As Bono said and sang Mother's of Disappeared many times here with U 2 " the mantra El Pueblo Vencerá" a Joan Báez song ,  my dear canadian thistle.   'La patria no está en venta' , we are covering every corner with the Union,  industry, teachers doctors and the averages Joe's of life,  champion 🏆.   Anyway,  very classist remark the one of yours. 

We have videos of Bono,  the Pope  and Maradona  singing the national anthem and the Peronist Anthem " the Muchachos Peronistas " from a tango songwriter back in 1950's 

10 hours ago, Obinna said:

I understand Argentina is suffering from hyper inflation of the currency. If you are looking for who is responsible for that, look at who is responsible for managing the currency. 

Argentina has been a basket case for decades which is largely down to the continual economic mismanagement of the Peronists who have been mostly in power during that period and the fact the populace continually wants to live beyond their means.  It’s a shame as its a beautiful country with staggering amounts of resources.  There is no reason they couldn’t be as wealthy as Canada (and indeed, they were at one point about 80 or so years ago).  

But when you listen to people like Javier, I have very little hope for them.  I am not saying Milei is the answer but they needed to do something radically different than what they were doing which has proven time and again to be disastrous for the country and the people.