Next CanMNT manager (Herdman to TFC)

Atlantic

52 minutes ago, Ottawafan said:

I am guessing any potential new head of Canada Soccer has an idea of who has applied for the job, who is seriously being considered and likely has a candidate or two in mind for the position.  Hoping when the general secretary is appointed they can hit the ground running.

Really hope they don't F this up.

I dont think anyone has applied as its not possible to do so yet. How would you even go about doing this? The application period isnt open yet and may never be open as they are using a head hunting firm. 

9 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

I dont think anyone has applied as its not possible to do so yet. How would you even go about doing this? The application period isnt open yet and may never be open as they are using a head hunting firm. 

"Applied" may be a bit of a misnomer here.  I have conducted lots of interviews and I suspect with a job a specialized as this there are a few pathways to being considered - one of which would involve reaching out via a few different channels to express an interest.  If Ancelotti ever reached out to the CSA and indicated an interest I doubt he gets rejected because of the method.  And those informal methods of expressing interest are never closed.  

3 hours ago, Bigandy said:

We knew months ago that no appointment would be made until 2024. They have a head hunting company looking for possible candidates and are taking their time as they need a general secretary first.  

Maybe biello gets the job but the logic that it has been quiet and therefore he gets the job is 100% incorrect. 

Speaking only for myself, I'm just having some fun with the scenario. 

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

"Applied" may be a bit of a misnomer here.  I have conducted lots of interviews and I suspect with a job a specialized as this there are a few pathways to being considered - one of which would involve reaching out via a few different channels to express an interest.  If Ancelotti ever reached out to the CSA and indicated an interest I doubt he gets rejected because of the method.  And those informal methods of expressing interest are never closed.  

Great point. I guess my point is that the only thing you can do is express interest to the wrong people currently. If we had a general secretary/head hunter, then I see expressing interest as a practical way to get your foot in the door. Even now, expressing interest cannot hurt, but its just a bit early. If we have a seriously interested candidate, Im sure they will express interest again at the proper time so the new general secretary will be in the "know" of applicants so we don't have to worry about a lack of knowledge for the new guy.

It reminds me of the Montreal Expos, specifically when John Wetteland said he would "play for peanuts" to come back to Montreal (after signing a big free agent deal elsewhere that proved challenging).

The Expos manager, Felipe Alou, responded: "I don't think we have enough peanuts."

Edited by PastPros

Just now, king1010 said:

Do we think the CSA has actually reached out to Ancelotti? 

That fact is that we have no idea.  The CSA may or may not have been in contact with him.  Ancelotti may not be interested or he may actually view it as a perfect project at this stage of his career.  It still seems pretty unlikely/utopian to think it could happen but who knows. 

21 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

My brain tells me if the CSA were actually making a push for Ancellotti and that it was succeeding then we would have had leaks via OneSoccer/Gareth Wheeler. But my heart tells me there's still a chance.

I don’t know.  If I am the CSA and I think there is any chance of it happening, I think I keep that pretty internal before telling the guy with the megaphone.  This probably isn’t something you would want debated constantly in a public forum and then fall apart.   Alternatively, a guy like Wheels could be under very strict orders to keep it quiet.  

But you are probably right.  If there were any legs to this rumour, you think someone in the food chain would let something slip.  

This is pure speculation on my part but I believe that the CSA and specifically Devos have made contact with Ancelotti. The hold up might be the $10 mil. bonus money from the World Cup.

The CSA probably want to split the money in 3 equal parts between the CSA, the men's team, and the women's team. The men are still insistent that the whole amount belongs to them and a 3-way split would mean them taking a 70% pay cut per their last press release.

If the CSA could secure one third of the $10 million bonus money then they would have the funds required to hire Ancelotti and his support staff. 

6 minutes ago, The Pessimist said:

This is pure speculation on my part but I believe that the CSA and specifically Devos have made contact with Ancelotti. The hold up might be the $10 mil. bonus money from the World Cup.

The CSA probably want to split the money in 3 equal parts between the CSA, the men's team, and the women's team. The men are still insistent that the whole amount belongs to them and a 3-way split would mean them taking a 70% pay cut per their last press release.

If the CSA could secure one third of the $10 million bonus money then they would have the funds required to hire Ancelotti and his support staff. 

Ancelotti just said money isnt important to him, he has enough.