Next CanMNT manager (Herdman to TFC)

Atlantic

10 hours ago, Addona said:

When Herdman left, my first thought / fear was that we wouldn’t hire anyone for at least 6-8 months (a money saving move), and that the interim coach would then become the new head coach almost by default… can someone please convince me that I’m crazy?!?

I'm not a psychiatrist and I don't play one on TV but I think you're crazy.

Hope that helps.

they discussed today about an argentinian coach for CANADIANS in a four shortlist with one from Uruguay ( alonso)  atm GARNERO signed for PARAGUAY.

Notwithstanding the foregoing i can venture what a 25 panel squad under a southamerican rioplatense would look like, knowing our streetwise and football mindset to slow down the tempo and keep it on the deck attitude, to confuse opposition.   My understanding is that a CANADA FOOTBALL TEAM under  gareca-alonso-alfaro or gallardo would be something like:

Milan Borjan  Slovan Bratislava

Maxime Crépeau     Los Angeles

D. St. Clair    MLS    Minnesota United

right back

A. Johnston    Premiership    Celtic

Richie Laryea   The Whitecaps

center backs

Liam Fraser    FC Dallas

L. MacNaughton    MLS    Nashville SC

K. Miller    MLS    Inter Miami

K. Hiebert    MLS    St. Louis City

S. Kennedy    Bundesliga    Wolfsberger AC

left backs  

Sam Adekugbe   MLS  The Whitecaps

Richie Laryea   The Whitecaps<...

MIDFIELDERS 

Stephen Eustáquio  PORTO

L. Millar    Championship    Preston North End

H. Paton    Premiership    Motherwell

Samuel Piette    MLS   Montreal CF

Jonnie Osorio    TORONTO FC

J. Shaffelburg    MLS    Nashville SC

A. Davies    Bundesliga    Bayern Munich

Luca Koleosho   Premier League   Burnley

FW  

T. Corbeanu    Super League    Grasshoppers

J. David    Ligue 1    Lille  

T. Buchanan    First Division A    Club Brugge

C. Larin    La Liga    Mallorca

L. Cavallini    Liga MX    Tijuana

D. Jebbison    Premier League    Sheffield United

Thats is what CANADA may get,   as competitive team  under an arg-uru  as hell ....and of course DAVIES would play right midfielder to bend them in 

14 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

they discussed today about an argentinian coach for CANADIANS in a four shortlist with one from Uruguay ( alonso)  atm GARNERO signed for PARAGUAY.

Notwithstanding the foregoing i can venture what a 25 panel squad under a southamerican rioplatense would look like, knowing our streetwise and football mindset to slow down the tempo and keep it on the deck attitude, to confuse opposition.   My understanding is that a CANADA FOOTBALL TEAM under  gareca-alonso-alfaro or gallardo would be something like:

Milan Borjan  Slovan Bratislava

Maxime Crépeau     Los Angeles

D. St. Clair    MLS    Minnesota United

right back

A. Johnston    Premiership    Celtic

Richie Laryea   The Whitecaps

center backs

Liam Fraser    FC Dallas

L. MacNaughton    MLS    Nashville SC

K. Miller    MLS    Inter Miami

K. Hiebert    MLS    St. Louis City

S. Kennedy    Bundesliga    Wolfsberger AC

left backs  

Sam Adekugbe   MLS  The Whitecaps

Richie Laryea   The Whitecaps<...

MIDFIELDERS 

Stephen Eustáquio  PORTO

L. Millar    Championship    Preston North End

H. Paton    Premiership    Motherwell

Samuel Piette    MLS   Montreal CF

Jonnie Osorio    TORONTO FC

J. Shaffelburg    MLS    Nashville SC

A. Davies    Bundesliga    Bayern Munich

Luca Koleosho   Premier League   Burnley

FW  

T. Corbeanu    Super League    Grasshoppers

J. David    Ligue 1    Lille  

T. Buchanan    First Division A    Club Brugge

C. Larin    La Liga    Mallorca

L. Cavallini    Liga MX    Tijuana

D. Jebbison    Premier League    Sheffield United

Thats is what CANADA may get,   as competitive team  under an arg-uru  as hell ....and of course DAVIES would play right midfielder to bend them in 

I don't get why you have to BS your way into a squad prediction under the guise of manager rumours. Any of the guys on the board could do that. And it's meaningless since all we have is a friendly coming up and there are injuries and other factors. It's spurious.

It's as if you deliberately want to discredit your rumours, which you never give sources for ever by the way.

Or it is that you deep down believe you should be our next manager?

5 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

Herdman will only start coaching on TFC's last game. He and the coaching staff will be observing  the next 2 games.

I heard on OneSoccer over the weekend that Herdman apparently hasn't held a practice yet, so that probably makes sense. Not sure why they didn't let him get started a bit earlier, but I guess his roster is going to look very different in the spring, so there's only so much he can actually learn from this team this season.

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I heard on OneSoccer over the weekend that Herdman apparently hasn't held a practice yet, so that probably makes sense. Not sure why they didn't let him get started a bit earlier, but I guess his roster is going to look very different in the spring, so there's only so much he can actually learn from this team this season.

It's his decision to only coach the last game according to TSN article.

4 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

It's his decision to only coach the last game according to TSN article.

I wonder why- TFC is playing a bad NYRB and then an even worse Charlotte team over the next two games and is playing a very good Orlando team to close the season out. You'd think a few games against theoretically beatable teams would be a good way to start his career off.

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

I wonder why- TFC is playing a bad NYRB and then an even worse Charlotte team over the next two games and is playing a very good Orlando team to close the season out. You'd think a few games against theoretically beatable teams would be a good way to start his career off.

If there is one thing JH is good at, it is about managing his own brand.   There is almost nothing to be gained by coming in and rolling the dice with a team that has been absolutely abysmal.   You win?   You accomplish nothing in terms of the season, and the win won’t matter one bit come next season because it will be all about those opening games.  You lose?  You undermine the idea that you are going to right the ship and you give the media fodder for questioning your every decision.  

If you come in for the last game of the season and things don’t go your way it is just a tiny blip.   If he decided to take the helm for the last two or three games and lost all 3 (a very real possibility with a shit team playing for nothing) it would start to cast doubt - in the public and among the players - about his ability to improve things.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

14 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

If there is one thing JH is good at, it is about managing his own brand.   There is almost nothing to be gained by coming in and rolling the dice with a team that has been absolutely abysmal.   You win?   You accomplish nothing in terms of the season, and the win won’t matter one bit come next season because it will be all about those opening games.  You lose?  You undermine the idea that you are going to right the ship and you give the media fodder for questioning your every decision.  

If you come in for the last game of the season and things don’t go your way it is just a tiny blip.   If he decided to take the helm for the last two or three games and list all 3 (a very real possibility with a shit team playing for nothing) it would start to cast doubt - in the public and among the players - about his ability to improve things.  

This is my thought too. He comes in for the last match just to get his feet wet so that next Spring things aren't completely foreign to him, but if you're Herdman you don't need multiple games to experience what a game day is like, especially when the roster can and probably will be vastly different. And you don't need the stench of multiple losses following you into next season. As always, Herdman is being unconventional, calculated and intelligent. It's what I have grown to love about him.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I don't get why you have to BS your way into a squad prediction under the guise of manager rumours. Any of the guys on the board could do that. And it's meaningless since all we have is a friendly coming up and there are injuries and other factors. It's spurious.

It's as if you deliberately want to discredit your rumours, which you never give sources for ever by the way.

Or it is that you deep down believe you should be our next manager?

If JAVIERF has a line on getting Koleosho into the squad then bring it on.   😀

6 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Not enough time. 

Herdman doesn't do his work on the field, he does it in the players minds.  He will be meeting with the players individually throughout the off season and build-up their mindset and approach for next year.  There is soo much toxicity in the organization - well beyond the locker room - more than any coaching change can fix in 1-2 weeks. 

The team will feel new by next spring.  Hopefully they won't need to teardown BMO to rid themselves of the memories. 

Edited by costarg

42 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

And Jebbison. But if we get a divine (read Argentine) coach he'll have some elixir or potion that'll get us Tomori too, while bewitchedly turning red balance sheets black at the CS of A.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

5 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

It's TFC we are talking about.  There are no teams they can theoretically or practically beat.

1 hour ago, Stoppage Time said:

But at what cost!?! 

No kone, cornelius, vitoria, zmg, bombito.  

fraser playing as a double RCB and DM is a tough ask but maybe worth it for kolo....

31 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

But at what cost!?! 

No kone, cornelius, vitoria, zmg, bombito.  

fraser playing as a double RCB and DM is a tough ask but maybe worth it for kolo....

If an argie or Uruguayan is hired don't hesitate, those dual lads will abide,  don't know the status of Tomori since he played for the English ,  on Vitoria the guy is over 36 maybe in his last senior year good leader but time is a sword,  Realistically a roplatense coach will finalize with younger defenders ,  and a back 4,  that make sense on Fraser as center back,  in the near future for international football,  oh. Ah.  Paul McGrath !!!!