Next CanMNT manager (Herdman to TFC)

Atlantic

5 hours ago, Shway said:

The days are going to come quick, and I suspect Jesse will be quickly selected and they'll create a hoopla narrative of "we did an extensive search and found our guy"

Was I right?

Just now, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

You don't think they took long enough?

The fact that they were doing these bullshit interviews, name dropping random managers knowing they already had their guy...

5 minutes ago, Shway said:

The fact that they were doing these bullshit interviews, name dropping random managers knowing they already had their guy...

If you know that for sure, you are better informed than me.

But if so, isn't that how the hiring process works, sometimes.  You find the person you like but continue the process to make sure/allow someone to change your mind?

Maybe I am misunderstanding.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

I mean, people on here were using these same excuses as to why Biello was sure to be the guy...

2 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

If you know that for sure, you are better informed than me.

But if so, isn't that how the hiring process works, sometimes.  You find the person you like but continue the process to make sure/allow someone to change your mind?

Maybe I am misunderstanding.

Yea but none of those guys who were interviewed made sense or were ideal candidates. They were just fed to the media from a mule who was already stating and pumping fluff pieces for news he already knew. (KJ)

For example, have you ever heard this before "okay so I'm going to get you the job, but we have to go through the formalities for optics sake"....I.e interviewing people for the fuck of it knowing the job is already spoke for.

This is very common in the corporate world and you can't be naive to it. 

But like @Joe MacCarthysaid, it is what it because I have to support him because I want to see us win.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Shway said:

Yea but none of those guys who were interviewed made sense or were ideal candidates. They were just fed to the media from a mule who was already stating and pumping fluff pieces for news he already knew. (KJ)

For example, have you ever heard this before "okay so I'm going to get you the job, but we have to go through the formalities for optics sake"....I.e interviewing people for the fuck of it knowing the job is already spoke for.

This is very common in the corporate world and you can't be naive to it. 

But like @Joe MacCarthysaid, it is what it because I have to support him because I want to see us win.

My problem with that scenario is that it presumes there were other "ideal" candidates that we actively ignored. 

I would have to know who those were.  

You have examples?

And if the funding didn't come through, some of the other candidates that were interviewed might well have been the best we could get.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

My problem with that scenario is that presumes there were other "ideal" candidates that we actively ignored. 

I would have to know who those were.  

You have examples?

I'll take Henry over March any day. Heck even Ole.

And if the funding didn't come through, some of the other candidates that were interviewed might well have been the best we could get.

So this hire was only made with sugar daddy money on the pretence that the coach was an MLS guy?

Wtf have I've been reading.

I'm no "Canadian trucker" but we've gone to shits if this is what we had to do.

I hate being in the shadows of our direct competitor, can you imagine our federation being funded/controlled by them. 

5 minutes ago, Shway said:

So this hire was only made with sugar daddy money on the pretence that the coach was an MLS guy?

I hate being in the shadows of our direct competitor, can you imagine our federation being funded/controlled by them. 

That's how it seems to me, this whole thing feels kind of dirty!

6 minutes ago, Shway said:

I'm sorry but just because you would take them because you don't like Marsch's nationality (let's be honest) does not mean they are ideal candidates.

Just look how you yourself phrased it. 

They are objectively worse if again we are looking at records.

We got one of the best people who actually considered the job. (Not convinced either of those really did.)

I know it is very emotional for some people but I just want to see the best football possible and right or wrong, I personally think he fits our players very well and has something to prove.

3 hours ago, Watchmen said:

There's literally no evidence of this.

I guess you missed the official release.
Philanthropic money is extremely different from charity money.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Shway said:

Was I right?

Jesse Marsch complete with a formal MLS Canada job title is definitely the candidate that provides the biggest disruption to the whole CSB narrative of the last six years so I suspect he has been the choice for a while now given he who pays the piper calls the tune is likely applicable here. Looks like the delay on pulling the trigger was making sure the new CSA president and board were going to be willing to go along with Kevin Blue's philanthropy strategy and with doing something that will probably severely antagonize Victor Montagliani. What has ultimately unfolded casts serious doubt on whether Kristian Jack was really in the loop when he was claiming Bobby Smyrniotis and Tommy Wheeldon Jr were candidates on Onesoccer. 

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

14 hours ago, Shway said:

I totally understand this perspective. I feel where you are coming from.

I have also come to peace with it and have accepted it. We don't NEED to view the situation in THOSE terms. 

Think of it like this....do we want the help or not? 

For me? I will put ego aside and accept the help from MLS and an American coach. They are ahead of us already, I accept that reality. 

And I do believe these moves will help us close the gap and be a better version of Canada. And maybe in two years time, Jessee, who I hope is successful, moves on to another role, and then we can bring in a Canadian (I know you fancy that). Or, maybe he's lifted our profile where we get another high level coach, regardless of nationality. 

I do wonder what becomes of the "Canada NT coach brough to you by MLS" arrangement, post-Marsch. Is that a one-and-done....or does that live on with Blue at the helm?

47 minutes ago, Obinna said:

...I do wonder what becomes of the "Canada NT coach brough to you by MLS" arrangement, post-Marsch. Is that a one-and-done....or does that live on with Blue at the helm?

The CSB deal potentially lasts out to 2037. This "philanthropist" workaround to it may still be viewed as necessary long after 2026. Don't think it's out of the question that there is going to be legal action over what has just happened. If the national team players refuse to allow image rights to CSB and the CSA are selling off title sponsorships in all but name to various aspects of the national programs what are CSB receiving at that point in return for their annual $3.5 million fee? How would CIBC respond if we see a BMO WNT head coach title emerging next courtesy of a similar act of "philanthropy" and we have CMNT players like Alphonso Davies doing some more guerilla marketing with them during Copa America?