Micah Chisholm

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

It is painfully hard to find stats on the team so I have no idea how much he played this year. However, Hannover 2 did win the promotion playoff and will be playing in 3 Liga next year. So we should get much better updates on his playing time next season.

Six appearances for 92 minutes this season

https://int.soccerway.com/players/micah-chisholm/916361/

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

It is painfully hard to find stats on the team so I have no idea how much he played this year. However, Hannover 2 did win the promotion playoff and will be playing in 3 Liga next year. So we should get much better updates on his playing time next season.

Think the contract is up in a few weeks.

On 7/20/2023 at 9:38 PM, Junkie said:

Micah Chisholm is a fantastic player!

When he gets on the field he takes control.  Loud, physical, athletic, hates to lose, high football IQ and Captain material.

Micah was in Italy in May training  with a team, I got a call from Hannover to see if we would send Micah there for atleast a week. After the first training session they called me and offered Micah a contract. Micah is 6'3 but needs to add some mass.

Hannover is very pleased with Micah. He is a left footed left back that runs like the wind. They are now playing him at center back.

Micah is a great person to be around and confident in any room. This guy is going  places.  I think he may get a few starts on the first team team this year. Hannover needs left backs and Micah fits the bill.

You may not of heard of him but his football community has. Our goal is to develop him, find him him a team and contract and worry about national team stuff later. Both Micah and Damar Dixin will force the CSA to make the call with their play.

We have already been in contact with the CSA. I think both parties are waiting for the right time to team up.

These players woukd live your support and follow!

You can find Micah on Instagram and @Alcorsosports

SEMPRE AVANTI 

lol

3 minutes ago, VinceA said:

lol

Per the IG account cited in that post, he’s apparently currently negotiating an extension with Hannover.

Kinda feel bad people chased that agent (?) off this board, because he did seem to have insight on a couple guys we don’t know much about. Unfortunately doesn’t seem like any of those guys did all that much this year. 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Looks like he barely played after he got that red card in his first game. Wonder if he stays in Europe or if CPL is an option. 20 year old CB in CPL is not a bad option.

I don't think he should come back, he's just played his first year in Europe. The jump from L1O to Tier 4 Germany is significant, it takes time for players to adapt to a new league, the quality of opposition, pace of play. We cannot expect a relative unknown to come in and dominate. It's a good sign they want to extend him and as they've just been promoted, he should stick it out.

Edited by phresh

20 minutes ago, phresh said:

I don't think he should come back, he's just played his first year in Europe. The jump from L1O to Tier 4 Germany is significant, it takes time for players to adapt to a new league, the quality of opposition, pace of play. We cannot expect a relative unknown to come in and dominate. It's a good sign they want to extend him and as they've just been promoted, he should stick it out.

For sure, I know it’s tough to hang out in Europe as a youth player unless you fly out of the gates. Thinking of a guy like Derek Cornelius who trudged through the trenches of lower league ball in Europe, went to VWC and then made his way back. Plus, CPL has been good at bringing in prospects from bigger clubs who aren’t playing them much- Abatneh with York, Coimbra with HFX, even Lucas Dias too. I admittedly know little about the player or his contract situation beyond that Instagram posted so maybe they do have a plan for him. But I see like ~20 minutes of game time for a foreign player whose club is going up to a tougher division, and it doesn’t read like he’s part of the bigger picture with them. 

6’3 CB moving up the ranks in Germany as a youth player would be awesome for us though if it does work out. Wonder if he/any of the associated players mentioned here get a call to our next U20 camp. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Kinda feel bad people chased that agent (?) off this board, because he did seem to have insight on a couple guys we don’t know much about. Unfortunately doesn’t seem like any of those guys did all that much this year. 

Was he really chased off the board though? He left because people disagreed with the below comment and the responses were mostly of the "Yeah ok, maybe one day variety" and not anything over the top. Like phresh said earlier the jump from L1O to Tier 4 Germany is significant and no one was denying that or saying it wasn't impressive that he signed at that level. It was just people saying 'temper expectations, that's clearly an overexageration to put him at the top of our D list". Pretty thin skin if that's what drove you away. As an agent, you need tougher skin than that, it's a tough business and comments here were very tame

On 7/28/2023 at 4:28 AM, Junkie said:

Again, Micah is a special player. He may be Canada's best CB right now...

Edited by rydermike
typo

1 hour ago, rydermike said:

Was he really chased off the board though? He left because people disagreed with this comment and the responses were mostly of the "Yeah ok, maybe one day variety" and not anything over the top. Like phresh said earlier the jump from L1O to Tier 4 Germany is significant and no one was denying that or saying it wasn't impressive that he signed at that level. It was just people saying 'temper expectations, that's clearly an overexageration to put him at the top of our D list". Pretty thin skin is that's what drove you away. As an agent, you need tougher skin than that, it's a tough business and comments here were very tame

Maybe not chased off, but an agent came on this board to gas up a couple of his clients, and the general response was that he was full of it and these threads seem to get bumped just to prove that this kid and Damar Dixon haven't done much yet. He's an agent, this is what they do. I think it was pretty obvious when he said that he meant that he's the CB in our pool with the highest potential. When he said that, DC was looking fine but not great in Sweden, our MLS CBs had all peaked, LDF hadn't committed yet, so calling this guy our highest potential CB in September '23 when he was starting for Hannover is probably incorrect but not insane.

I dunno- we very much have posters here who are tied to players in our system and whenever they post it's to gas up their son/brother/friend/etc., and we're generally cool with it. It would be cool if he posted and gave us an update.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Maybe not chased off, but an agent came on this board to gas up a couple of his clients, and the general response was that he was full of it and these threads seem to get bumped just to prove that this kid and Damar Dixon haven't done much yet. He's an agent, this is what they do. I think it was pretty obvious when he said that he meant that he's the CB in our pool with the highest potential. When he said that, DC was looking fine but not great in Sweden, our MLS CBs had all peaked, LDF hadn't committed yet, so calling this guy our highest potential CB in September '23 when he was starting for Hannover is probably incorrect but not insane.

I dunno- we very much have posters here who are tied to players in our system and whenever they post it's to gas up their son/brother/friend/etc., and we're generally cool with it. It would be cool if he posted and gave us an update.

I re-read the thread, none of those responses came until more recently - well after the OP had already left the board. The early ones were all positive. The only one really after the agent initially posted that was in any way not positive was the post by narduch saying "I enjoy your enthusiasm but a kid playing 4th tier in Germany is hardly our best CB." (which isn't even negative at all) To which the agent replied "How would you know". Clearly if he meant the "highest potential" he could have used the opportunity to clarify it, but instead he doubled down on the 'no, he's the best'. There hasn't even been any real negativity in the thread. He had never started for Hanover (and only once for the B team). Everyone was saying "Exciting but let's not throw out wild predictions yet" That's what everyone was saying at the time (even your post - 2nd comment on page 2 - you said no way he's the best, maybe potential if he gets time with the Bs).

Yes, we have other posters related to family members who come here (Lucas Dias' cousin, Millar's dad, etc) and of course they come to pump up, but they all still stay somewhat reasonable. This agent came in over the top with the "my client is already the best" and everyone's response was nice prospect, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Hardly the mob coming to get him. I am still excited for his potential, (and I have been looking up both players stats from time to time over the year and definitely appreciated the agent giving some behind the scenes info - which is what made me follow it) but still of the mindset that everyone else seems to have had that he's still a couple years away from breaking in and that's all everyone was saying - which has proven to be true considering the agent came in saying both his clients would be getting many First Team Bundesliga and Serie A minutes this year, which didn't happen, but is totally okay considering how young they are - development league minutes in Europe are great. But if saying "let's not get ahead of ourselves" is driving someone away, then sure we drove him away

Edited by rydermike

3 minutes ago, rydermike said:

I re-read the thread, none of those responses came until more recently - well after the OP had already left the board. The early ones were all positive. The only one really after the agent initially posted that was in any way not positive was the post by narduch saying "I enjoy your enthusiasm but a kid playing 4th tier in Germany is hardly our best CB." To which the agent replied "How would you know". Clearly if he meant the "highest potential" he could have used the opportunity to clarify it, but instead he doubled down on the 'no, he's the best'. There hasn't even been any real negativity in the thread. He had never started for Hanover (and only once for the B team). Everyone was saying "Exciting but let's not throw out wild predictions yet" That's what everyone was saying at the time (even your post - 2nd comment on page 2 - you said no way he's the best, maybe potential if he gets time with the Bs).

Yes, we have other posters related to family members who come here (Lucas Dias' cousin, Millar's dad, etc) and of course they come to pump up, but they all still stay somewhat reasonable. This agent came in over the top with the "my client is already the best" and everyone's response was nice prospect, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Hardly the mob coming to get him. I am still excited for his potential, (and I have been looking up both players stats from time to time over the year and definitely appreciated the agent giving some behind the scenes info - which is what made me follow it) but still of the mindset that everyone else seems to have had that he's still a couple years away from breaking in and that's all everyone was saying - which has proven to be true considering the agent came in saying both his clients would be getting many First Team Bundesliga and Serie A minutes this year, which didn't happen, but is totally okay considering how young they are - development league minutes in Europe are great. But if saying "let's not get ahead of ourselves" is driving someone away, then sure we drove him away

Yeah, I mean, either way, it's not a huge deal. I don't want to tone police anyone and it's not like anyone started insulting him or anything. Hope he gives us an update at some point, or even if not, curious to see what these kids are up to. Frosinone are staying up in Serie A this year- don't think Dixon played very well last year, but if he stays with them and plays well, who knows. Good opportunity for the kid.