Gold Cup: Canada vs USA - Sunday, July 9th 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Cincinnati, OH (Match Thread)

Shway

6 minutes ago, shorty said:

Truth is, as they just said, we have a real problem when we have no Eustaquio.  Given that, we can either wait for the next Eustaquio to appear, or we can train someone up to be the understudy.  Not ideal, but understandable.

Loturi....IS....a......natural.....6

And he's fucking younger than Bombito

Edited by Ansem

3 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

This is the greatest thing ever.

I feel like Cava-Nelson's spiritual godfather.  You're all welcome.  Thanks @rydermike for being a great midwife to bring this muscly fluffy bundle of angry joy into the world.

Calling it now.  We win 2-0.  One for Cavallini-Nelson and one for Nelson-Cavallini

Edited by shorty

2 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Loturi....IS....a......natural.....6

And he's fucking younger than Bombito

I don't think there's much to prefer with Loturi over Bombito. Neither should be close to the Canada first XI, but here we are.

Also, nobody is a "natural" anything. Loturi has played about a year's more worth of games at the position than Bombito. That's it.

Edited by jonovision

Blast from the past.  Landon Donovan just mentioned his father was from Canada and a minute later said his father was probably cheering for Canada.  Then the panel asked if he was a dual national and Donovan said he could have played for Canada.  I had forgotten about that, I think that was a big deal back in the day, wasn't it.  I don't recall us having a real shot but wasn't there rumours of a remote possibility, I don't recall.

Also, another pundit was talking about the teams in the running for the WWC.  He named about five teams and Canada was not among them.

1 minute ago, shorty said:

I feel like Cava-Nelson's spiritual godfather.  You're all welcome.  Thanks @rydermike for being a great midwife to bring this muscly fluffy bundle of angry joy into the world

Can I be the drunk father smoking cigars out in the lounge talking about how difficult this pregnancy was on me?

Just now, jonovision said:

I don't think there's much to prefer with Loturi over Bombito. Neither should be close to the Canada first XI, but here we are.

One played LOTS of minutes as a 6, the other hasn't...

4 minutes ago, shorty said:

I feel like Cava-Nelson's spiritual godfather.  You're all welcome.  Thanks @rydermike for being a great midwife to bring this muscly fluffy bundle of angry joy into the world.

Calling it now.  We win 2-0.  One for Cavallini-Nelson and one for Nelson-Cavallini

it is now my profile picture lol