Gold Cup: Canada vs USA - Sunday, July 9th 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Cincinnati, OH (Match Thread)

Shway

13 hours ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

You have 6 guys on your roster that started a game in the World Cup. 5 guys that just started against the US in NL and another 3 that subbed on.  Calling Laryea and Osorio clear number 2s is a stretch. The US will be playing with their at best 9th best CB.

There is a specific need for speed at the back so either Vitoria or McGraw, but not both, would be options. Herdman has to get his lineup and tactics just right for this one. 

11 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

While I would generally agree over the past decades we need to recognize that we have won 3 of our last 8 away games and by multiple goals no less.

I should have said that away to anyone a draw is a great result and we should never expect a win.  Obviously "best case scenario" is a win. 

The way I see this going is I would love to see us give the Yanks a bit of a scare , make them earn there win , (Reality is I want Canada to win )  but most importantly I like to see The Ahmeds the Millars, and The Fraisers of this team gain some experience in big game situations  and hopefully use trhis experience in the future.  Oh BTW F--K  The  USA  and there BS home field advantage in every tournament it seems like.