Gold Cup: Canada vs Cuba - Tuesday, July 4th - 6:30pm Eastern / 3:30pm Pacific - Houston, TX (Match Thread)

36 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Contest will happen in the next round.

And full disclosure, I haven’t even sent Bison his cards yet.  (Turns out there is no “shame” emoji).  

I just said it for fun more than to win any of your possessions :D

You can also put me down for Hoilett delivering a beautiful corner kick that restores my faith in Simon Eaddy.

2 minutes ago, costarg said:

Ahh yes, this is definitely Herdman's signature.  plug the midfielder into defense, move the CB to midfield, take another midfielder to replace the winger who you move to striker.  Classic.  Figure that one out Cuba!

3D chess?

17 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

There’s only 3 outfield players I can think of that have been called a handful of times but have seen very limited minutes: Waterman, Zator and Loturi 

Coincidentally the first CPL grads to make it to the CMNT. 

Piette, Choiniere, ZBG, Millar before this tournament.

2 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Why are the wearing black…🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Agree its being overused

2 minutes ago, Colonel Green said:

Unrelated to tonight's game, today the men's version of the new WNT jersey arrived in the mail. Laughable how much better this design looks than anything the MNT has had in forever.

How is it we were able to get kits for the Women’s World Cup when it was basically a guarantee they be there. We could have just used the same one for the Men’s a year before. Announce it as the kit for both the Men AND Women

1 minute ago, Colonel Green said:

I feel bad for the Cuban team, the Gold Cup being basically permanently-hosted in the USA means they're never going to get any big fan contingent (under the current political situation, anyway).

I think the bigger issue with the lack of support in the US is the Cubans don't really care about Soccer.