Gold Cup: Canada vs Cuba - Tuesday, July 4th - 6:30pm Eastern / 3:30pm Pacific - Houston, TX (Match Thread)

21 minutes ago, Tyson M said:

If Loturi looks that bad in training, Herdman would have seen that in Nations League... why did he call him to not use him? If he's so bad, why not call Choiniere?!

Based on what I see, happy that Choiniere didn't have his time wasted and continued playing with Montréal 

23 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

All I can think of at this point is that Loturi looks awful in training.  That’s literally the only think that makes sense at this point.

Anyone that can nutmeg AJ  twice on the same play in a competitive match in the Scottish Prem has the ability to start on this squad

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

Anyone that can nutmeg AJ  twice on the same play in a competitive match in the Scottish Prem has the ability to start on this squad

Someone here suggested/guessed that perhaps he's in line for a transfer, so perhaps it's risk mitigation?

Certainly a mystery.

Edited by PastPros

2 minutes ago, PastPros said:

Someone here suggested/guessed that perhaps he's in line for a transfer, so perhaps it's risk mitigation?

Certainly a mystery.

Not that it makes it better. Why waste a roster spot on someone not going to play. 

4 minutes ago, PastPros said:

Certainly a mystery.

If that's the case, I actually would understand. Him being on team does allow to work with system, especially if you think he has a future on squad. But absent of this fact, it's a baffling situation. 

20 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

We’ve scrapped off points with basiclly the same squad in the last 2 games but Herdman uses the same group for the biggest game of the tournament so far. Another back 3 it looks like, does Herdman learn? We’ve used the back 3 a lot recently and have been piss poor this is embarrassing from him. Herdman has reached my tipping point, unless these guys can score 5 tonight then put in a good QF match I think sacking should start being considered, I know that he’s done a lot for this program and I’ve been a supporter in the past but he hasn’t shown any good managing since the 2nd last window of WCQ, managers need to learn and adapt he does none of that.

I believe you mean its in the cards for the CSA because some fans have been calling for it after that poor Nations League performance

23 minutes ago, ADP10 said:

Loturi has a decent chance of not being good when he comes on, its just frustrating how he doesn’t even try to give him a chance

I honestly think it’s a case of Fraser coming in and Herdman being too swayed by one of his regulars. Kinda like when you go to a new restaurant wanting to try something new then you see your favourite dish on the menu- hard to turn that down.

2 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Does JH have a history of benching really good deserving players?  He isn’t Floro.  I feel like we have to give him the benefit of doubt somewhat.

Why? JH hasn't impressed going back almost 1 yr and results is the measuring stick for any coach. I say this acknowledging he was clearly very good during WCQ.

3 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

There’s only 3 outfield players I can think of that have been called a handful of times but have seen very limited minutes: Waterman, Zator and Loturi 

Coincidentally the first CPL grads to make it to the CMNT. 

Waterman played in the Bahrain match and looked awful.

I have been as frustrated as the next fan this tournament, but I think the dam finally bursts for us.  Multilple goal win with a number of first goals:  Ahmed, Bombito, Millar, Cavallini, Hoilett, Russell-Rowe.  6-0.  I'm manifesting it.