Gold Cup: Canada vs Cuba - Tuesday, July 4th - 6:30pm Eastern / 3:30pm Pacific - Houston, TX (Match Thread)

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

with guatemala holding on the last PK conceded by us didnt really matter at least

NM I'm dumb, didn't read the first part of your post and didn't realize the game was over

Edited by Hawkguy

1 minute ago, spinrack said:

This match is a very inconsistent performance for Canada.  So much to like, but the holes are glaringly obvious.

It is a group of guys where many of them have never played for Canada (or who have minimal caps) and who never play together as a group.  Plus we have used this game to maximize new appearances.  It was always going to look disjointed as the game went on.  

Just now, Bertuzzi44 said:

Am I the only one who thought this was a disappointing performance from Canada? Especially considering the competition (a very poor Cuba team with nothing to play for) and how poorly Canada looked the previous game vs Guatemala. 

Conceding 2 goals to this Cuba team should be unacceptable imo.

Did you watch that previous two matches ? Why expect anything different today ?

Ahmed showed he can consistently contribute at this level.  Nelson looked pretty good today.  JRR had some weakly nice attacking play in his limited minutes.  And of course Liam with a MotM performance and a sweet goal.  

Wasn’t ever going to be a fluid beautiful game but this was fun to see and lots of things to be positive about.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

Junior Holiett gave a real veteran's performance and helped steady this team which at times looked sloppy and he shades the MOTM for me over Liam Millar who was excellent, we saw some good performances from some youngsters which is encouraging! Obviously this is vs a depleted opponent but in years past we wouldn't have got the needed result, bring on the US!😧

1 minute ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Am I the only one who thought this was a disappointing performance from Canada? Especially considering the competition (a very poor Cuba team with nothing to play for) and how poorly Canada looked the previous game vs Guatemala. 

Conceding 2 goals to this Cuba team should be unacceptable imo.

I would be more concerned if they were 2 goals scored from open play.   As it is, we gave away two silly PKs that we could tidy up easily - one was someone being way tk casual and the other was a poor defensive decision.