BMO Undefeated Streak best in CONCACAF?

Kent

Canada has only ever lost 1 game at BMO field, way back in 2010 against Peru. I wasn't sure exactly how many games this undefeated streak is up to now, and I was curious how it stacks up against the rest of CONCACAF for active streaks. I've done my best to compile a list, but I only checked the top 10 ranked nations by CONCACAF ranking. I'm guessing there are no giant home undefeated streaks outside the top 10 teams. I didn't always have great sources, so sometimes I just assumed if the game was held in a certain city that it was in the same stadium. Also, the way USA spreads their games around so much, I just checked the last 5 years (23 different host cities in that time!!!) and then continued to check the city with the best record beyond those 5 years. So there could be a longer streak elsewhere in the USA, but not likely among the top couple active streaks. Here are my results.

image.png.f386797dee7aa984773a2dae4ee3efab.png

More stats from USA. Since the start of 2019 they have a home record of 35 wins, 7 draws, and 5 losses. Their current home undefeated streak regardless of stadium is 7 games (last loss was to Serbia in Los Angeles).

Edited by Kent
Old versions of the table were showing up with incorrect stadium names

55 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Do we have any other stadiums with streaks? When’s the last time we lost in Edmonton or Hamilton?

I didn't really check others. I did have a quick look at Commonwealth thinking of the 2 recent WCQ matches and thinking all the way back to tying Brazil. But there have been several losses in between. I think the streak is only 2 or 3 matches, with a loss to Costa Rica in 2013. I might check a bit later on.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Uh oh @Kent....what are you doing. 
I see the BC folks with their pitchforks ready.

BMO Field probably couldn't have done it without Vancouver taking one for the team in 2018 World Cup Qualifying. It would have been very tough for Canada to get a result against Mexico in that cycle!

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Do we have any other stadiums with streaks? When’s the last time we lost in Edmonton or Hamilton?

Active streaks by city

Victoria - 5 wins in 5 games, never lost. Worth noting there were also 3 Olympic team games there without any losses.
Vancouver - 3, last loss to Mexico on March 25, 2016
Calgary - never hosted a game! Can that be true or am I missing something?
Edmonton - 2, last loss to Costa Rica on May 28, 2013
Winnipeg - 3, never lost
Hamilton - 1, never lost (not counting Olympic team games). Side note, we are also undefeated in Hamilton Bermuda
Montreal - 2, last loss to Honduras on September 6, 2008
Kingston - 2, never lost... but we have lost in Kingston Jamaica.

I'm not sure what other Canadian cities we would have played in. For anyone else that wants to play along, you can filter results by putting in the city name (or opponent) on this page. https://www.canadasoccer.com/national/matches/

36 minutes ago, Kent said:

Active streaks by city

Victoria - 5 wins in 5 games, never lost. Worth noting there were also 3 Olympic team games there without any losses.
Vancouver - 3, last loss to Mexico on March 25, 2016
Calgary - never hosted a game! Can that be true or am I missing something?
Edmonton - 2, last loss to Costa Rica on May 28, 2013
Winnipeg - 3, never lost
Hamilton - 1, never lost (not counting Olympic team games). Side note, we are also undefeated in Hamilton Bermuda
Montreal - 2, last loss to Honduras on September 6, 2008
Kingston - 2, never lost... but we have lost in Kingston Jamaica.

I'm not sure what other Canadian cities we would have played in. For anyone else that wants to play along, you can filter results by putting in the city name (or opponent) on this page. https://www.canadasoccer.com/national/matches/

Wow so Montreal is on a 15 year win streak and still we can’t get a game. Crazy. We need to concacaf someone at the Big O.

27 minutes ago, shorty said:

St. John’s NFLD for at least one memorable victory… 😉 

Of course! 2 wins in 2 games in St. John's Newfoundland (the other being a win over USA in 1972), and a loss in our only game in Saint John New Brunswick (1992 vs USA).