CNL FINAL: Canada vs USA - Sunday, June 18th - 8:30 pm ET/5:30 pm PT - Las Vegas

Just now, frmr said:

Hell, why do we even train or have team meetings at all? Canada Soccer could save a lot of money if we just had the team show up a few minutes before the game starts. Cuz soccer's easy just put the ball in the net right lul.

found Herdman’s burner 

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

KJ speaking truth. We were in shambles tonight. 

And so he should. We had an opportunity to look good and play up (for once) to the opponents and the stage and we ended up looking flat and just poor all around. The number of low quality touches, passes, strikes and set pieces was inexcusable. Of course there were times when we looked bright and lively but all too often we ended up looking like a mid-table MLS squad. 

Edited by PegCityCam

Arse performace by Canada.  Arse.  Some days go like that and before a rewatch a few critical thoughts.

1).  The USA should play in Los Vegas more if they know whats good for them.  A few off-days between matches goes a  long way to beating up on the oppositions focus.  Or, at least it seams like it.

2).  Herdman got schooled A-GIN.  He's in over his head when the test gets above a CONCACAF level.  Amongst other things, I knew that the second Kone took the field in the 2nd half. 

That's it for now.  Saving my "Victory cigar" for another night.  

Disappointing showing.  US showed their depth and quality today.  We just weren’t up for the task today.  Honestly I’m not even gonna bother with a player by player analysis because it’s just all bad.  I will highlight that Kone looked very impressive at times.  And that is about it.  Vitoria looked good when he came on but USA was happy to just sit back at that point in the game anyways.

4 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Herdman straight up implying the CSA does not give him the tools to succeed. Which I mean is a debate all in of itself.

Weve barely ever had the resources to compete. Were still getting screwed. That fact is the only thing I agree with Herdman on tonight. 

Edited by Joe Keeper

3 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Arse performace by Canada.  Arse.  Some days go like that and before a rewatch a few critical thoughts.

1).  The USA should play in Los Vegas more if they know whats good for them.  A few off-days between matches goes a  long way to beating up on the oppositions focus.  Or, at least it seams like it.

2).  Herdman got schooled A-GIN.  He's in over his head when the test gets above a CONCACAF level.  Amongst other things, I knew that the second Kone took the field in the 2nd half. 

That's it for now.  Saving my "Victory cigar" for another night.  

What? Kone was our best player.

What was most impressive through most of the qualifiers was our team chemistry… sticking to the game plan and playing as a unit… even against better teams like the US and Mexico.    I get it, the 3 WC games were against even better sides, but now after this one, I’m worried that they don’t have the belief in each other anymore, they get frustrated easily and their individual games fall to pieces.  Are they tired of the Herdman voice/message?  

I think its hard to say Herdman and the CMNT didn't succeed. I would say there were some unnecessary distractions leading up to the World Cup and it's been a mixed bag since but overall Herdman's time so far can only be considered successful

It just feels like it's running out of steam 

Edited by SpursFlu

16 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Disappointing showing.  US showed their depth and quality today.  We just weren’t up for the task today.  Honestly I’m not even gonna bother with a player by player analysis because it’s just all bad.  I will highlight that Kone looked very impressive at times.  And that is about it.  Vitoria looked good when he came on but USA was happy to just sit back at that point in the game anyways.

Many of us would like to have seen that!😀

36 minutes ago, king1010 said:

You dont need 10 extra days to teach players how to follow a man on corner kicks. 

This is the huge center back, please teach me in 7 extra days in my 20000 day career that he should not get a free header in the 6 yard box. like its awesome that national teams need to teach 101 days before a big game. Maybe play your most experienced best CB that organized the back line for the past 3 years.

40 minutes ago, frmr said:

Spoken like someone who has never played or coached before. Every team is different, especially set pieces.

I hate this 'spoken like' crap are you a big name coach or player? If so then reveal it. Otherwise I can just spout this to overrule everyone

4 minutes ago, frmr said:

More time to prepare leads to more organized teams. Common sense.

4 minutes ago, frmr said:

More time to prepare leads to more organized teams. Common sense.

Amem FRMR the best words Ihave heard all day. Also a little more depth in all positions may help too

27 minutes ago, Colonel Green said:

Is that a debate?

It's pretty hard to argue that the CSA is supplying the national teams with the tools to succeed.

Agreed. It’s not hard to argue that being piss poor hurts our chances in lots of respects… inadequate prep for this competition, not enough youth camps to both prepare the next gen to step into the senior team as well as to attract dual nationals.  We had a lot of things go our way to qualify for the 2022 WC, but to think everything will just continue by fluke is putting our heads in the sand.

3 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

Agreed. It’s not hard to argue that being piss poor hurts our chances in lots of respects… inadequate prep for this competition, not enough youth camps to both prepare the next gen to step into the senior team as well as to attract dual nationals.  We had a lot of things go our way to qualify for the 2022 WC, but to think everything will just continue by fluke is putting our heads in the sand.

That is a question I have with Canada...there's a golden generation right now but its been real quiet on the lower levels and I'm just not hearing that buzz on this next crop of talent (maybe I've missed it I dunno) but that next generation seems vital to building that depth because man you get past the front-line talent and the drop gets steep

Edited by mrstepp817

Re: set pieces, regardless of 3 days or 13 days of preparation, we have to accept that Eustaquio's corners and I think one free kick were poor because he wasn't delivering them to dangerous spots, not even getting the ball past the first defender or overhitting them. Which doesn't come down to poorly devised schemes from a lack of prep but just poorly executed delivery. He's a great player for us, but I was wondering when watching the match when the last time he played before these two matches was, because I thought he was the most-off from his typical game of all our big players. And not just from the set-pieces (but I kept wondering why he continued to be the one to take him. It was good to see his spirited defiance after the match, but that was perhaps his poorest performance for Canada, unfortunately and Hoilett should have come on sooner. Davies was also off his game big-time, I just figure we can put his rustiness for not having played a full match in about 7 weeks or whatever it was. The starting players that looked the sharpest to me were Laryea & Miller, which is perhaps not a coincidence given where they are in their seasons (and given that they weren't coming off injuries).

Can we talk about the blatant disrespect from the players upon not coming to see the fans after watching the us lift a trophy in atiba's last game and the fans traveling thousands of miles for a week to watch this team and then being completely ignored at the end of it all?

Edited by anderi01