CNL FINAL: Canada vs USA - Sunday, June 18th - 8:30 pm ET/5:30 pm PT - Las Vegas

Bad chemistry tonight.. something is off. Not as terrible as some have said but total fire drill in our box

Miller was overarching but I don't think he's on the level. Kennedy has work to do

Kone was a bright spot

Edited by SpursFlu

1 minute ago, costarg said:

Yes, ok, but it's still true.  obviously 10 days prep is better than 3.  it is an advantage.

He just would’ve had 10 more days of motivational speeches. These guys came off a 10 month season. The rest was just as good as 10 days of additional prep. He also had time in btw the semis and now.  He didnt even find out we’d be playing the states until 3 days ago. 

6 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

It’s actually pretty embarrassing to try to use this as an excuse after that performance tonight.  I know we all knew it was coming with any kind of shortfall this week, but what a joke.

It's a true statement. Set pieces take time to work on. We didn't have the time, US did, and it showed. Was that the only problem? Fuck no, but it was one of them and it cost us the first goal. Is that your own thought, or KJ's thought that you're borrowing?

1 minute ago, frmr said:

It's a true statement. Set pieces take time to work on. We didn't have the time, US did, and it showed. Was that the only problem? Fuck no, but it was one of them and it cost us the first goal. Is that your own thought, or KJ's thought that you're borrowing?

You dont need 10 extra days to teach players how to follow a man on corner kicks. 

1 minute ago, king1010 said:

He just would’ve had 10 more days of motivational speeches. These guys came off a 10 month season. The rest was just as good as 10 days of additional prep. He also had time in btw the semis and now.  He didnt even find out we’d be playing the states until 3 days ago. 

Spoken like someone who has never played or coached before. Every team is different, especially set pieces.

12 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

I noticed that too. The announcer said that there were four US starters 20 years old, I think. The US has such greater depth.

I wonder how many US players come through their U-17, 20 and 23 programs. They have certainly gained some dual nationals of late, one of them a goal scorer tonight.

Canada's clear task is to work much harder and better with the youth and scouting to identify and develop (ie give visible international experience) players faster and more efficiently.

Most of their players came through the youth set-up.  However, they do in depth scouting for senior foreign nationals.

1 minute ago, king1010 said:

You’ve categorized me incorrectly on both accounts 

Well then I'm shocked that you don't realize how additional preparation time would help tactically, especially for national teams, and including on set pieces. Do you think coaches of top countries/clubs in the world just say "follow your man on corners", and that's the only work they do on set pieces? You're either trolling or you're a bit dim. Either way, I'm no longer interested in this conversation.

Just now, frmr said:

Well then I'm shocked that you don't realize how additional preparation time would help tactically, especially for national teams, and including on set pieces. Do you think coaches of top countries/clubs in the world just say "follow your man on corners", and that's the only work they do on set pieces? You're either trolling or you're a bit dim. Either way, I'm no longer interested in this conversation.

Sorry i’ve lost your interest. 

Just now, Soccerpro2 said:

The US is a far more talented team currently. That is obvious.

WCQ momentum is over and the whole “no one believes in us but ourselves” schtick has run its course.

Now what? How does Herdman reinvent the program?

I don’t think he does. I think we’re at the end of the Herdman era. 

While they do have more depth and a good youth movement, they don't even have a consistent starter on a top twenty club. The US is not an elite team yet and we can still compete with them. Canada looked off, so many bad touches, missed challenges, poor passes...just a bad night. USA did what they had to, but they weren't spectacular. We made it easy for them. We have to find some D prospects, pronto.

Hell, why do we even train or have team meetings at all? Canada Soccer could save a lot of money if we just had the team show up a few minutes before the game starts. Cuz soccer's easy just put the ball in the net right lul.

Edited by frmr