CNL FINAL: Canada vs USA - Sunday, June 18th - 8:30 pm ET/5:30 pm PT - Las Vegas

Just now, Floortom said:

Nah - the Mexico semi was embarrassing. A 2-0 finals loss was pretty much the expectation. Nothing embarrassing about this IMO. 

We don't agree on much, but this we might.

The US is a good team.  There's no denying that.  There is no shame in losing to them.  Would I have liked to win?  Sure.  But that was always going to be a tough ask.  

This is a good measuring stick.  With their reds and our top players returning from injury, this is a good test to see where we stack up.  And right now, we're second to a very solid American team.

Also, save me the "winning silverware" nonsense.  This Nations League "trophy" is being handed out for the second time.  I have good money on this trophy not existing in six years.  It's a good opportunity for us to play games and we just had one against a top team. 

Tough loss.  Learn from it and move on. 

Davies trying to play hero ball too much. 

Laryea played great in 2/3rds of the pitch, but holy shit is he ever lost in the attacking third. Great at getting it into the box, but never makes anything of it. 

Buchanan looked frustrating the entire time he was on, didn’t add much.

Vitoria looked miles above Kennedy today, needed his aerial presence in the first half. If only we could play a deep enough set piece for him. 

I’ve been tough on Kone typically but I thought he looked active all game and made some call decisions under pressure. Can’t say the same of really anyone else.

Disappointing but not surprising for me, the US looked good vs Mexico and we needed to play a match with few errors and we didn't do that! Many individual performances were way below par and some of it was because we played against a strong team but there were way too many unforced errors and I do have some questions about coaching!