CNL FINAL: Canada vs USA - Sunday, June 18th - 8:30 pm ET/5:30 pm PT - Las Vegas

1 minute ago, SirBobsaget said:

Need Vitoria on at half the backline is hot garbage without him.

Or we work it the fuck out and figure out what we're going to do without a 36 year-old centerback.

I really don't think Vitoria is the saviour that everyone thinks he is.  And he ain't getting younger or faster.

Just now, El Hombre said:

Or we work it the fuck out and figure out what we're going to do without a 36 year-old centerback.

I really don't think Vitoria is the saviour that everyone thinks he is.  And he ain't getting younger or faster.

He's no saviour but he's streets ahead of our current alternatives. Hypothetically, if Canada were playing a big game today, he should be in it.

1 minute ago, El Hombre said:

This isnt about the future. This is about now. Vittoria would’ve been an upgrade to Kennedy. agreed we have major problems relying on a 36 yr old

25 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Surprised @Olympique_de_Marseille hasn't mentioned anything about the Canadian corners so far.

Simon Eaddy....something something.... we need to be more dangerous on corner kicks...something something....

Isn't he also the coach responsible for helping the team defend set pieces like corner kicks? I feel like putting the blame on Simon Eaddy more than any individual player for the first USA goal.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Just now, jonovision said:

He's no saviour but he's streets ahead of our current alternatives. Hypothetically, if Canada were playing a big game today, he should be in it.

Yup he should have started unless he really couldn’t go from the start , but if he was able to go he needs to start .

Just now, king1010 said:

This isnt about the future. This is about now. Vittoria would’ve been an upgrade to Kennedy. agreed we have major problems relying on a 36 yr old

Kenedy is rusty. You are right. Vitoria is at least in form.

Just now, jonovision said:

Meh, disagree.  If he would've stopped the Balogun goal, I'm sure he would've been exposed elsewhere.  Right now we're playing monday morning quarterback.  At some point we need to start thinking of what team we're going to be fielding in 2026.  That one damn sure won't include Vitoria.  Is Kennedy the man to replace him?  Maybe not, but let's see how he does over a full 90 minutes and watch the whole thing and not just the negatives.

1 minute ago, Vasi said:

This is US's region untill we can keep kids from leaving and playing for other countries. 

The us has way to many kids coming out of mls academies and have a good funded youth program.  

10x the population and a mature domestic league that is churning out tons of talent.  It will always be a massive ask for Canada to beat them.  

Just now, El Hombre said:

Meh, disagree.  If he would've stopped the Balogun goal, I'm sure he would've been exposed elsewhere.  Right now we're playing monday morning quarterback.  At some point we need to start thinking of what team we're going to be fielding in 2026.  That one damn sure won't include Vitoria.  Is Kennedy the man to replace him?  Maybe not, but let's see how he does over a full 90 minutes and watch the whole thing and not just the negatives.

Maybe it's just me, but the only big match Canada has on its calendar in the next 3 years isn't the match to be auditioning replacements.