CNL: Canada vs Panama - Thursday, June 15th - 7pm Eastern / 4pm Pacific - Las Vegas area

First half. A bit rusty. Letting an inferior team stay in the game. Managing the game properly. A lot of not connecting. No strong associations except with Eustaquio. Numbers quite often but noone moving to be open.

We could do with more midfield play and less direct, especially up a goal

Like our wingback play, Richie and Sam. Best player, Stephan. Solid, Alistair.

Ref is letting them get away with a bit much there.

2 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

We need a 3-man midfield. Did we not determine that 352 is our best formation back in March? Why change it now?

Maybe Herdman wants to surprise the US/Mexico with it. Play the 2 man today and then the 3 man in the final

The players have t been good enough but I can’t help but hate the formation and tactics again.  Why are we getting away from what has worked so well for us.  Osorio with Eustaquio and Kone was amazing trip back in March.  I get that Osorio probably can’t start 2 games in 3 days but we better see him with Kone and Eustaquio at some point in this 2nd half.

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

First half. A bit rusty. Letting an inferior team stay in the game. Managing the game properly. A lot of not connecting. No strong associations except with Eustaquio. Numbers quite often but noone moving to be open.

We could do with more midfield play and less direct, especially up a goal

Like our wingback play, Richie and Sam. Best player, Stephan. Solid, Alistair.

Ref is letting them get away with a bit much there.

I think Herdman told them to play in disconnected manner in the first half so he can say to the CSA “ See, that’s what happens when you only have 4 days training”

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We'd even be better with Tajon associating with the mids and leave two up front. 3-5-2.

He played CAM in the CL at one point for Brugge but whether it's lack of confidence or not having fully recovered from his injury his execution's been so poor not sure having him in the middle would be better.

Just now, Watchmen said:

So, an upgrade on Wheeler.

Honestly, I am listening to the CBS guys and Wheeler is definitely an upgrade.  The main guy just makes stupid jokes and any Latino name pronounces it with a Spanish accent. Charlie Davies brings nothing to the colour commentary and makes rather obtuse comments.  They seem to talk incessantly about the players they know from MLS like Buchanan or Carrasquila