CNL: Canada vs Panama - Thursday, June 15th - 7pm Eastern / 4pm Pacific - Las Vegas area

yep... get used to it...Canada management pulled off a massive coup by starting their 2nd best 11 in a knock-out format,which they won, while their rivals knocked out their brains vs each other with best rosters, and then ended up disqualifying 2 starters to boot.

so yeah..Canada won this tournament's chess match entirely.

6 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Really?  Looked pretty damned good out there. Stunning pass to Weah down the wing that led to the second Pulisic goal. Was very involved throughout the midfield all game. 

The pass was great but that was about it. Sloppy all around otherwise. You sure you weren’t getting him confused with Musah?

7 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

The pass was great but that was about it. Sloppy all around otherwise. You sure you weren’t getting him confused with Musah?

Musah was very good, I agree, but I thought McKennie was having a solid game. Their midfield is very strong, but I feel we can match them well, especially with McKennie out for Sunday.

11 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Managing the squad

The best way to reduce that stress factor is to get ahead early and hit on the counter, allowing us to play more sprightly. Being ahead also means we may be able to sit deeper later on, be less exposed, and reduce risks of cards. 

Rest and Prep for Sunday

Winning in regular time will also be a positive. Playing 90 instead of 120. Which even if we go through means more stress on players, injuries, knocks, cards. 

The US-Mexico goes later and the recovery time is minor, a question of hours. However, if they go to 120 minutes plus penalties, and given the intensity of their rivalry, that may benefit us slightly. We should prefer to go into a final vs. a rival that is a bit beaten up and run rough, even if we are talking about going again in 3 days.

😉

Laryea and Adekugbe looked so good last night. Conductors on the “no way they shouldn’t be playing for better clubs” train. Laryea in particular is a guy you forget how good he is so easily. I think I lost my over/under, he gave about 5 serial killer glares. One of those games where there are like 5 guys I want to be our captain in a few years’ time

12 minutes ago, narduch said:

Laryea was so good as usual. 

I really hope he can get a move out of TFC in July and actually get to play this time.

Richie going to Luton Town as a dirt cheap money ball signing on an England revenge tour would be such a movie. Won’t happen, but would love to see him end up at a club like that.