Canucks in European Competitions 23-24 (CL, Europa, Conference)

Was looking at the previous rounds and pots for the CL draw.

So let's do a thread for Canadians playing European competitions with their clubs in 2023-24.

Could others chip in?  I'll start with the players who are in Champions League with their clubs, ignoring possible transfers, etc.

Champions League

Directly into group stages, with the draw to be held end of August in Monaco.

Alphonso Davies with Bayern is in Pot 1.

Stephan Eustaquio with Porto is in Pot 2.

Milan Borjan with Red Star is in Pot 3. 

Alistair Johnston with Celtic is in Pot 3, but could be pushed into Pot 4 if any of the qualifiers through the prelim rounds have a better coefficient.

Previous rounds to qualify, which start with clubs from minnow leagues in a mini-tournament at the end of this month. We now have Zorhan Bassong with Farul Constanta in the first round, vs. Sherrif Tiraspol in the first qualifying round in July.

From clubs entering the second qualifying round later in July, we have Sam Adekugbe at Galatasary (rumour is he won't continue).

We have no more players from clubs in the 3rd round either, so that is all for CL next season, barring anyone transfering into a CL club.

We have two players in youth/B teams for 3rd round teams, Simon Colyn at PSV and Juvy Kooner at Sporting Braga.

Europa League? Conference League?

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• 2 weeks later...

Couple more for tomorrow though they probably will not see the pitch given recent matches:

- Mike Argyrides is back with Glentoran in the North Irish Premiership, his team play Maltese Gżira United F.C. in the Conference League qualifers. 

- Kristian Yli-Hietanen's Finnish team FC Haka play another North Irish side Crusaders in the same competition. 

• 1 month later...

Do we have anyone in Europa this season, or is that still getting sorted out? Off the top of my head I know Brugge and Lille are in Conference and should get through qualifying. Basel of course is already knocked out, as are Rosenborg.

Wait...to answer my own question I see Slovan Bratislava are playing Aris right now in qualifiers. 

That must be it then boys? Davies, Eustaquio, Johnston...and hopefully David, Buchanan, Borjan?

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Do we have anyone in Europa this season, or is that still getting sorted out? Off the top of my head I know Brugge and Lille are in Conference and should get through qualifying. Basel of course is already knocked out, as are Rosenborg.

Wait...to answer my own question I see Slovan Bratislava are playing Aris right now in qualifiers. 

That must be it then boys? Davies, Eustaquio, Johnston...and hopefully David, Buchanan, Borjan?

Is Bassong still with Farul Constanta?

I can't see him playing since July.  They play today in the Conference League, down 0-2.

Edit: they lost the game 0-2 and the tie 2-3. So are out.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

14 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Borjan gave up 6… bad ending to an otherwise nice run.

My bad, they go into the Conference League draw Friday.

In the same, both Bruges and Lille are in Pot A, they can't face each other. But either could see Borjan.

Big surprise as a Faroe Islands team and another from Iceland made it through to the group stage.