Match Thread: June 4, 2023 - Valour v York United

3 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Siaj really had no angle to score from there. I didn't think it was a bad effort.

At least try to hit the net and force a rebound even if it’s a tough angle. I hate that as soon as I saw him wind up I had no confidence the ball would remain inbounds.

Edited by Soccerpro2

1 minute ago, Soccerpro2 said:

At least try to hit the net and force a rebound even if it’s a tough angle. I hate that as soon as I saw him wind up I had no confidence the ball would remain inbounds.

A rebound would have been great, but he was the only player within 40 yards of the goal.

Yesli is starting to look more confident with the ball at his feet.

Midfield was solid.  Polisi is looking to have integrated well.

Offense cannot finish.  (Attardo had a goal for FC Manitoba today -- just saying)

Subs added more than usual today.  Ulloa's best apperance so far this year.

Didn't hear the attandance number but the stands seemed more full to me.

I watched the FC Manitoba game today.  Attardo looked alright but didn’t stand out.  He scored a penalty for the 4th goal.  He is a pretty big guy in comparison to the other guys out there, but lacked the speed some of the other forwards had.  Maybe he’s not fully in game shape or up to speed yet, but I’m not sure he’s quite ready to jump back up to the CPL quite yet.

Hot, muggy, but could have been worse.  Sun was hidden for most of the match which helped a lot.  Still, lads are going to be tired today.

Ug.  That one got away from Valour.  Showing better and better in their movements forward but just a bit hesitant at that last hurdle.  Hope they figure that out soon because these are the types matches they really need to get the result from.

Matteo, as usual, had a heck of a match.  Think the leagues found him out for pace but he brings a lot else besides.  Guess you can't have everything.  You take the good with the bad but a 28 yard strike too hot to handle I'll take every day.   

Didn't see Yesli bugger a kick yesterday (clap-clap-clap) and as ever Gutierrez was enjoying himself in the center for most of the match.

Giantsopoulos, the smaller of the two keeper yesterday, got his post-match drinks for free yesterday.  Or should have.

Different sort of afternoon.   LOTS of the regulars absent in my section (and The Trench) but an army of kids out.  I mean a lot.  Guess those family packs are selling and selling very well.

1 hour ago, Cheeta said:

Different sort of afternoon.   LOTS of the regulars absent in my section (and The Trench) but an army of kids out.  I mean a lot.  Guess those family packs are selling and selling very well.

I know many will disagree, but getting the "normie" families out is key to the success of a sports franchise in this city. Hopefully we get an attendance figure from yesterday soon enough.

^ No argument here.  More the better so far as I'm concerned.  Anyone thing I won't be bringing the grandkids out (if that ever bloody happens)?  If you do you're wrong.  OK, that's maybe not the same thing but the point stands.

IG Field is big enough that there's room enough for everyone.  Of course they didn't put the Family Zone at the opposite end of the 'stand as The Trench by accident.  

(Lots of Trench Kids BTW.  As always Mum or Dad keeping a stern eye on them but not for everyone, that's for sure).