Match Thread: June 4, 2023 - Valour v York United

1 hour ago, K Edgar said:

It's going to be a hot one, 32C.  Hopefully the thunderstorms hold off.

If anything, the conditions would be best for the players if a system rolls through before kick off and drops the temperature 10 degrees. I'd be very surprised if there are no weather delays in this one.

Oh yeah, she's going to be a gooder today.

Don't really know what to expect.  York coming in tails up I'd guess.  Have every reason to be. 

Whoever handles the heat best will carry the day I expect (IG Field does turn into a lovely heat island doesn't it?).  Think we see some goals, both these teams look like they can score even when they're not so somebody is going to start to click sooner or later. 

Last match of the week so we know what happens next.  Valour win and the jump Cavalry and Ottawa into 4th.  York result puts them at 3rd and tied on points with Pacific.  

Valour paying 2.33.   Creeping downward on volume. 

Thanks for the lineups, @Big_M, though I'd appreciate your contributions more if you didn't find frame nearly all of your remarks negatively.

Same XI as last week for Valour. Pianelli makes the bench, which is either a hopeful sign, or an indicator that Valour still only have 17 healthy bodies. I'd rather see Ponce starting than Siaj, but Novak's spot on the bench is deserved. I'd have Polisi on a short leash, as he was very sloppy with the ball last match.

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

One way traffic but the end product isn't there. Story of Valour's season, aside from the injury disaster.

PDS can’t score the goals for his players. Must be frustrating.

Still haven’t seen anything from Siaj that makes me optimistic.

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

De Brienne coughs it up and it's game over. Babouli with a lame celly.

It’s a bit frustrating to see 1st half domination continually result in 1 or No goals scored as Valour are always made to pay in the 2nd half.

Did you see Siaj sky one from 10 yards out a minute before the goal?

Just now, Soccerpro2 said:

It’s a bit frustrating to see 1st half domination continually result in 1 or No goals scored as Valour are always made to pay in the 2nd half.

Did you see Siaj sky one from 10 yards out a minute before the goal?

Siaj really had no angle to score from there. I didn't think it was a bad effort.