CSA Elections May 2023

25 minutes ago, narduch said:

I'm just speculating. Which people love doing on this forum. 

I'm surprised you aren't happy about this. Isn't he sort of a CSB guy?

Without any real info hard to say what his issue is and what led to this. Not great that once again the dysfunction of the CSA has been brought to the forefront. 

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

What an absolute disaster. Yet again. I really hope he returns to L1 or remains in our game. We simply can't afford to lose people like this.

https://x.com/DinoDRossi/status/1756068101370593319?s=20

Did you read all the way to the end? It says he is still "volunteer Exective Chairman" of L1O. He has been on the CSA board so he is now eligible to be nominated for president. He has always come across to me as being the sort of guy who is only really interested in being Martha rather than one of the Vandellas so suspect this is a strategic move to make that outcome more likely.

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Did you read all the way to the end? It says he is still "volunteer Exective Chairman" of L1O. He has been on the CSA board so he is now eligible to be nominated for president. He has always come across to me as being the sort of guy who is only really interested in being Martha rather than one of the Vandellas so suspect this is a strategic move to make that outcome more likely.

Dino Rossi is one of the most valuable people in Canadian soccer and would make an excellent CSA president. If he can't make a positive contribution to the board then, apart from that being frustrating, it might make sense to move to the side.

If you'd ever met him, and known him from this board for years, you'd realise you are making a fool of yourself with that comment about him. Pathetic.

^^^I normally just ignore this guy, but something that should perhaps be clarified before this goes any further is that I have met Dino Rossi and was heavily involved with the black t-shirt protest back in 2007 where getting RPB members on board with it was concerned. Helped sell around 100 black t-shirts he supplied in a hold all at Shoeless Joe's before the game. Still have mine in a storage locker in London, Ont.

It's maybe time the Discord generation stopped being so deferential to the powers that be within Canadian soccer and did something similar because the era of people like Montagliani, Bontis, Rossi, Beirne and Totera should have run its course now just like the era of Dominic Maestracci, Dick Howard and Kevan Pipe's generation did back around 2007. The answer to getting out of the current mess will not be more of the same.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

• 2 weeks later...