Niko Sigur

nolando

Great news! Marsch mentioned how influential Kevin Blue was in his recruitement so hopefully this is a sign of good things to come on the dual-nat front.

Has anybody on this forum seen him play? Curious to know what kind of player we’re getting. Looks like he’s versatile and has a decent market value on transfmarkt, fwiw. Reminds me of the Mitrovic saga (only with a better outcome! 🇨🇦).

Just now, Obinna said:

with choiniere pushing whike playing for grasshopper..

and just like that, our midfield has more european flavour

I'm a Céf Montréal fan & love Choiniere, but that's not his level yet.

We will play a nice 4-3-3

1 minute ago, FC_Hali said:

Great news! Marsch mentioned how influential Kevin Blue was in his recruitement so hopefully this is a sign of good things to come on the dual-nat front.

Has anybody on this forum seen him play? Curious to know what kind of player we’re getting. Looks like he’s versatile and has a decent market value on transfmarkt, fwiw. Reminds me of the Mitrovic saga (only with a better outcome! 🇨🇦).

He sits deep & protect the backline.

Great technique & ball retention.

Should help us building from the back with Davies receiving more the ball from advanced position instead of CB's

22 minutes ago, Shway said:

Not for me, a complete front line is more important.

Plus Sigur could be the 3rd man in the middle...oh wait we play with only 2CMs 😮‍💨

Assume this is a joke. Our forward line is so deep we are guys playing for good European teams hardly see the field 

We talked for ages about our weakness at CB but I started arguing about a year ago that CB was not going to be our issue as we had some really great looking options coming up. CM was the issue. 

Now with staq, kone, oso, choiniere, sigur, biello, ali?, dumitru, codihna we are finally showing that CM has some depth. Obviously some of the names listed are huge unknowns but I think cm will no longer be our weakest spot in a year or 2. 

Now the weak link is fullback (in terms of depth). 

LB: After davies, sam is unknown how he will return. He's also approaching 30. Ali is not really a LB at this point. So whos the new generation adding depth?

RB: richie and ZBG are getting older. Sigur adds some much needed depth. Who's the next guys up on our list. JMR? Cameron? 

We essentially have 4 fullbacks able to play at CMNT level. Some dual positional players like sigur, ali, jmr, laryea. Some lower end quality, ZBG/Edwards/Zator/Hiebert. But no real clear top end FB prospects like we had with bombito, JKL, LDF etc. 

1 minute ago, Bigandy said:

We talked for ages about our weakness at CB but I started arguing about a year ago that CB was not going to be our issue as we had some really great looking options coming up. CM was the issue. 

Now with staq, kone, oso, choiniere, sigur, biello, ali?, dumitru, codihna we are finally showing that CM has some depth. Obviously some of the names listed are huge unknowns but I think cm will no longer be our weakest spot in a year or 2. 

Now the weak link is fullback (in terms of depth). 

LB: After davies, sam is unknown how he will return. He's also approaching 30. Ali is not really a LB at this point. So whos the new generation adding depth?

RB: richie and ZBG are getting older. Sigur adds some much needed depth. Who's the next guys up on our list. JMR? Cameron? 

We essentially have 4 fullbacks able to play at CMNT level. Some dual positional players like sigur, ali, jmr, laryea. Some lower end quality, ZBG/Edwards/Zator/Hiebert. But no real clear top end FB prospects like we had with bombito, JKL, LDF etc. 

Alistair at RB deepens that side - you essential have 2 starting-quality RBs with him and Riche, and I have always felt that ZBG could step in and do the job.  The latter is also only 25 so still has lots of time left.  

LB is an issue for sure - especially given the perennial temptation to play Davies at LW.  Probably our greatest position of need IMO.  

17 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

You might wanna keep your eye on Lino Aklil. Signed a pro deal with Lecce in July. Think he just turned 18. Other than De Brienne and I guess Antonoglu, he’s pretty much our only LB with potential that is younger than Davies. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Not for me, a complete front line is more important.

Plus Sigur could be the 3rd man in the middle...oh wait we play with only 2CMs 😮‍💨

Depends on formation though. I agree that would be a priority in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. If we go with 2 up front or 1-1 then we have the Euro players already. Have to think that Marsch feels  Sigur can start for us which would have been the determining factor in him switching. So that would indicate 3 in the midfield.