CONCACAF Nations League Finals 2023 - Voyageurs Travel Thread

sstackho

Nothing has been planned so far.  Unfortunately, I would involve myself in this (or @Admin) but I’ve been busy with work and personal stuff so haven’t had a chance to look around.  Anyone going who wants to take a lead on this is welcomed to do so and leave any findings here.  

We also have the WhatsApp group left over from Qatar that people are still active on especially in relation to the Nations League.  If a couple people want to step in and be an admin on that so we can add people going, please DM me here and I can add you to the group and make you an admin.  Then we can post about the group on here and on the facebook site.

I was hoping to be able to find a way to get there, but unfortunately it's looking less likely with every passing day.  

I've been "in between jobs", for the last few months, (living in the US) and even though I accepted a job a few weeks ago, I'm still in limbo waiting on US immigration to process & approve my work visa.  So with that much uncertainty, I can't commit to any plans.  :(

• 3 weeks later...

All right, we're just over a week away!  

Sounds like it is difficult to organize official Voyageurs mega-events in Vegas, so I'll be looking for some smaller meet-ups. 

I see a pub trivia night on Wednesday at a good beer bar.  Anyone else arriving early like us?  

22 hours ago, sstackho said:

I see a pub trivia night on Wednesday at a good beer bar.  Anyone else arriving early like us?  

I land around 8pm Wednesday.  I'd totally be up for pub trivia, but if I get in too late I'm happy to find you and just shout facts:

"DID YOU KNOW THAT THE BROTHERS GRIMM PUBLISHED A COLLECTION OF THEIR WORKS UNDER THE NAME KINDER-UND HAUSMARCHEN IN 1815?!?!?!!!"

"DID YOU KNOW THAT THE WORD 'SUCCULENT' COME FROM THE LATIN WORD FOR 'JUICE'?!?!?!!"

"DID YOU KNOW THAT THE RIVER THAT RUNS 1,700 MILES FROM THE GUIANA HIGHLANDS INTO THE ATLANTIC NEAR TRINIDAD IS CALLED THE ORINOCO??!?!?!  Y'KNOW, LIKE THAT ENYA SONG?!?!!"

1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

I land around 8pm Wednesday.  I'd totally be up for pub trivia, but if I get in too late I'm happy to find you and just shout facts:

"DID YOU KNOW THAT THE BROTHERS GRIMM PUBLISHED A COLLECTION OF THEIR WORKS UNDER THE NAME KINDER-UND HAUSMARCHEN IN 1815?!?!?!!!"

21 minutes ago, sstackho said:

It appears to be from 7:30 to 9:30, so not looking promising for your attendance.  Which makes me sad. 

Where are you staying?  I'm at the Luxor.  

DID YOU KNOW THE LUXOR LOOKS LIKE A PYRAMID BUT IT'S ACTUALLY A HOTEL??!?!?

(I'm at the Sahara).

4 hours ago, El Hombre said:

DID YOU KNOW THE LUXOR LOOKS LIKE A PYRAMID BUT IT'S ACTUALLY A HOTEL??!?!?

(I'm at the Sahara).

Do you hate us?  Did you specifically request lodging as far away from us as possible??  

Oh well, at least you are close to the Arts District with lots of breweries, with the new Punk Rock Museum not too far away.  I expect we will make it up that way on the weekend.   

7 hours ago, sstackho said:

Do you hate us?  Did you specifically request lodging as far away from us as possible??  

Oh well, at least you are close to the Arts District with lots of breweries, with the new Punk Rock Museum not too far away.  I expect we will make it up that way on the weekend.   

Sadly I'm only in town until Saturday morning.  I'm sure I'll be down that way before I leave though.  Gotta get the full experience.