CONCACAF Nations League Finals 2023 - Voyageurs Travel Thread

sstackho

Might as well have a thread dedicated to people travelling down to Vegas.  Vegas in June - where it will be a pleasant average high of 39C.  ☠️

I just booked flight and hotel today.  Staying at the Luxor with a couple of friends.  

Waiting patiently for the Voyageurs code to buy tickets.  

Who's coming? 

Edited by sstackho

2 hours ago, sstackho said:

Somebody making those Silicon Valley bucks...  Looking forward to the picture of the gold-flaked poutine!  

Another Silicon Valleyer. Vague plans at this point, 1 or 2 games, most likely a low end hotel.

4 minutes ago, Shway said:

I really want to know how you guys are getting your wives to buy in. 

Is it the Vegas part? Are your wives former athletes? I’m curious lol

For mine it was the Vegas part.  She watches all the Nat games with me too so she is a fan - but Vegas was the real hook.  

Unfortunately, the kid-sitting situation isn’t looking great at this point. 

7 hours ago, Shway said:

My wife liked soccer but she became a fan after attending a CANMNT game live. And going to the grand canyon is a must for us; we may not have went if this were held in Nashville or St.Louis or something.

10 hours ago, Shway said:

She is more excited to go than I am!  But for her, it's the Vegas part.  She's never been.  Although, in fairness, she does enjoy going to games and watches every soccer and hockey game on TV that I do. 

- I dragged my wife to Qatar with a promise to see the pyramids in Cairo on the way back.

- My wife brought me to a Taylor Swift concert in Vegas (watched the Canada-Curacao game just before concert started) as a return of the favor.

- I'm dragging her back to Vegas in June for CNL

I don't know where this arms race will lead to, but that's a problem for the future versions of us.

4 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

- I dragged my wife to Qatar with a promise to see the pyramids in Cairo on the way back.

- My wife brought me to a Taylor Swift concert in Vegas (watched the Canada-Curacao game just before concert started) as a return of the favor.

- I'm dragging her back to Vegas in June for CNL

I don't know where this arms race will lead to, but that's a problem for the future versions of us.

She will make you go on a diet and forbid you from eating poutine before a Canada game for the next year.

14 hours ago, Cadeau said:

My wife liked soccer but she became a fan after attending a CANMNT game live. And going to the grand canyon is a must for us; we may not have went if this were held in Nashville or St.Louis or something.

Mixed in a Grand Canyon trip last time I went to Vegas...pretty good haul but worth it...

If you havent been the Hoover Dam is 30 min from Vegas and pretty awesome as well

10 hours ago, maplebanana said:

My wife also found this, which happens to be on the same weekend we're in Vegas:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/russell-peters-act-your-age-world-las-vegas-nevada-06-16-2023/event/17005E38AF98B2C0

Tickets can be had for $55 USD ($80 after fees). 

So you'd pay 55 dollars to see a guy who spends the whole show explaining how proud Indians are about being cheap?