Transfer (Rumors/Signings)

ahmedou

I suspect this will be fairly quiet for a while given the transfer windows.  There are a few candidates, but they won’t be resolved for quite a while.  

- Larin moving permanently (or attracting attention from even bigger teams) 

- Tajon to Inter rumours 

- Will David move?

- What happens with Richie?

etc

To add there’s guys who are on expiring contracts this summer. 

- Kennedy, Vitoria, Hoilett, Hutchinson, Wotherspoon, Cavallini

Then there’s….

- Ugbos situation at Genk
- Adekugbes situation at Hatayspor/Galatasaray
- Corbeanus situation at Wolves
- Brym situation at Sparta Rotterdam

Edited by Shway

On 4/2/2023 at 7:26 AM, Shway said:

To add there’s guys who are on expiring contracts this summer. 

- Kennedy, Vitoria, Hoilett, Hutchinson, Wotherspoon, Cavallini

Then there’s….

- Ugbos situation at Genk
- Adekugbes situation at Hatayspor/Galatasaray
- Corbeanus situation at Wolves
- Brym situation at Sparta Rotterdam

Ugbo's situation is at Troyes 

Would like to see Loturi *at* Celtic, if anything. Young guy they could conceivably turn a profit on in a few years, already has Scottish experience, plays on the same national team as their new favourite player, could be a nice little step in the right direction for him. 

Curious what happens with Ugbo too. Think he’s too good to be playing this little.

52 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

If JMR can put in a good season, might he get on the list of possible transfers to Europe? Or does the kid need two years of steady work in MLS before he gets that move?

I think this is driven largely by TFC’s willingness to move off the “young phenom” valuation that they have saddled him with.   He has shows some skill for sure and at his age he seems like a solid prospect - but the idea that he would command a $20M transfer fee is ludicrous.  

53 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I think this is driven largely by TFC’s willingness to move off the “young phenom” valuation that they have saddled him with.   He has shows some skill for sure and at his age he seems like a solid prospect - but the idea that he would command a $20M transfer fee is ludicrous.  

Agreed, 5M is stretch tbh at this point, they will likely get and offer with add ons. 

I do believe someone will profit off of Rutty, it just won’t be TFC and the RB version of him.

47 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

https://football-italia.net/milan-set-sights-on-lille-star-david/

Setting the preconditions for a Milan derby involving David and Buchanan.  

During the Brugge game yesterday, the commentator reiterated that Inter Milan were looking at Tajon. Would be awesome if David & Tajon ended up with the 2 Milan teams

• 1 year later...

Veth has the story:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/latest-canadian-export-matteo-de-brienne-in-talks-with-allsvenskan-club/view/news/442846

Interesting that they apparently wanted him this summer but Atletico wanted to keep him and push for the title. Nice to see some competitive ambition in the CPL. Our last defender who went to Sweden had a pretty successful time there I’d say. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Veth has the story:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/latest-canadian-export-matteo-de-brienne-in-talks-with-allsvenskan-club/view/news/442846

Interesting that they apparently wanted him this summer but Atletico wanted to keep him and push for the title. Nice to see some competitive ambition in the CPL. Our last defender who went to Sweden had a pretty successful time there I’d say. 

Remember that the Swedish league runs on a calendar year schedule like CPL and MLS, so in this case, a January transfer for a young unproven player like De Brienne makes sense.

4 minutes ago, masster said:

Remember that the Swedish league runs on a calendar year schedule like CPL and MLS, so in this case, a January transfer for a young unproven player like De Brienne makes sense.

Moving this summer would’ve given him half a season to acclimate himself and fight for a spot when next season starts. At least if he does move, he’d get a full season with one club instead of coming in midway, like if he was going to a typical European club.

28 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Unproven? He has 66 matches as a pro

If you analyze this transfer from the perspective of the Swedish club, I don't think you would be looking at De Brienne as somebody to come in and help you right away during an end of season push. He is hardly a veteran or an exceptional talent. He is definitely unproven on a European stage. That is why I said a winter transfer, giving him an entire preseason to adapt and acclimatize, makes more sense.

Unless, I dunno, you carried a CPL team to a voyageurs cup nearly single handedly, won a champions league game against a Liga MX club and scored/assisted multiple times each game, I think anyone leaving Canada for any top tier in Europe is “unproven”. MDB may be one of the most proven departing young players if he does leave in January, but I don’t think he’s getting thrown into the starting lineup. 

• 2 weeks later...