CONCACAF Nations League 2023/2024 - Group Stage & ¼finals - General Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Edit:

Both the final four tournament and the last-chance play-in matches will be in the Dallas area as rumoured.

https://www.concacaf.com/nations-league/news/dallas-metropolitan-area-to-host-a-decisive-week-of-concacaf-nations-league-matches-in-march-2024/

If we qualify, for the Final-Four I will make a separate thread for that later this month.

If we bomb against Jamaica it will be a thread for our match against our last-chance opponent instead.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Either way the #CanMNT will be going to the Dallas area in March.

If the USA or Mexico bomb out of their quaterfinal matches, getting tickets to the Play-in will be near impossible without the CSA saving us a couple hundred seats.

Have they layed out how the play in matches are determined?

3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

No! I will read it again but it doesn't look like it.

@narduch I've got to read better. They did say:

"The two CNL Play-In pairings will be determined based on the Concacaf Men's Senior National Team Rankings published after November's FIFA Match Window, with the highest-ranked team facing the lowest-ranked team (1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3)."

36 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@narduch I've got to read better. They did say:

"The two CNL Play-In pairings will be determined based on the Concacaf Men's Senior National Team Rankings published after November's FIFA Match Window, with the highest-ranked team facing the lowest-ranked team (1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3)."

Thanks.

If we fail to pass Jamaica I think our opponent would end up being either T&T or Honduras based on that.

23 minutes ago, narduch said:

Thanks.

If we fail to pass Jamaica I think our opponent would end up being either T&T or Honduras based on that.

I think we are thinking along the same lines.

If we lose to Jamaica on aggregate and Mexico and the USA win on aggregate, [Costa Rica or Panama] will be too close to us in the rankings, right?

The same goes if only one of the USA or Mexico lose on aggregate.

https://www.concacaf.com/rankings/men-s-national-team/

A match against T&T or Honduras would be guaranteed short of a double upset (Mexico and the USA losing), and then we would play Mexico for that last-chance match.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

5 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I think we are thinking along the same lines.

If we lose to Jamaica on aggregate and Mexico and the USA win on aggregate, [Costa Rica or Panama] will be too close to us in the rankings, right?

The same goes if only one of the USA or Mexico lose on aggregate.

https://www.concacaf.com/rankings/men-s-national-team/

A match against T&T or Honduras would be guaranteed short of a double upset (Mexico and the USA losing), and then we would play Mexico for that last-chance match.

I think Panama sweeping Costa Rica would ensure T&T for us. 

We're going to beat Jamaica anyway so this is all moot. 😀