CONCACAF Nations League 2023/2024 - Group Stage & ¼finals - General Thread

6 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

One Soccer has the Costa Rica vs Panama match on their schedule now.

Sooo, where is the game? I am not seeing a second feed available. The live feed was on the USA game and they have been showing filler since that game ended. Or is it a replay that we will be able to watch later?

4 minutes ago, Kent said:

Sooo, where is the game? I am not seeing a second feed available. The live feed was on the USA game and they have been showing filler since that game ended. Or is it a replay that we will be able to watch later?

You may need to quit the app and run it again to see the updated program.

7 minutes ago, lamptern said:

You may need to quit the app and run it again to see the updated program.

It might be a Roku bug. It hasn't updated the home page for months. I unplugged my device even (to move it to a different TV) and it still didn't show anything.

11 hours ago, narduch said:

Yesterday's results mean we will draw T&T in the repechage if we can't get by Jamaica. 

Assuming Honduras doesn't upset Mexico.

For anyone not sure how it works, it's the CONCACAF national team rankings, 1 v 4, 2 v 3. We looks to be healthily ahead of Costa Rica (and are behind Panama). Trinidad is the lowest ranked team in the quarter finals.

50 minutes ago, Kent said:

For anyone not sure how it works, it's the CONCACAF national team rankings, 1 v 4, 2 v 3. 

Not quite. The CONCACAF rankings are the way the last-chance repechaje works. The CONCACAF Nations League seeding is only based on the results of these quarter final matches.

https://www.concacaf.com/nations-league/news/concacaf-confirms-23-24-concacaf-nations-league-quarterfinal-pairings/

"To determine the semifinal pairings, the four participating nations will be ranked 1-4, according to their performance in the Quarterfinals (points, and if required, goal difference), with the highest-ranked team facing the lowest-ranked team (1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3)."

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Not quite. The CONCACAF rankings are the way the last-chance repechaje works. The CONCACAF Nations League seeding is only based on the results of these quarter final matches.

https://www.concacaf.com/nations-league/news/concacaf-confirms-23-24-concacaf-nations-league-quarterfinal-pairings/

"To determine the semifinal pairings, the four participating nations will be ranked 1-4, according to their performance in the Quarterfinals (points, and if required, goal difference), with the highest-ranked team facing the lowest-ranked team (1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3)."

The post I was responding to was about the repechage and the potential match up with T&T if we lose to Jamaica.

Well then...that was unexpected.

Typically I hate Honduras, but nice to see them beat Mexico. 

So how do we Canada fans see this?

Are we happy at the prospect of Mexico losing this tie to Honduras?

Pro - it significantly improves our chances of winning the NL

Con - should we lose our own tie against Jamaica, facing Mexico would be a massive roadblock in the losers Copa qualifier.

Wait...can we even play Mexico? They would play T&T (barring a miracle) and we would play Costa Rica, no?

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Lol.

At this rate the may have to move the Nations League semis to Toyota Park and play repechage games st AT&T Stadium

CONCACAF hedged their bets by selling tickets before today's Mexico match. ;)

https://attstadium.com/events/concacaf-nations-league/

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Wait...can we even play Mexico? They would play T&T (barring a miracle) and we would play Costa Rica, no?

I think in the last-chance qualifier we can't face Mexico unless both Trinidad and Costa Rica makes the biggest comebacks of 4+ goals each.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille