CONCACAF Nations League 2023/2024 - Group Stage & ¼finals - General Thread

@narduch , I feel like CONCACAF can't announce the venue for the CNL semi-finals/ finals until after the November games are done.

If somehow Mexico falls to Honduras I can see CONCACAF hosting the the last-chance qualifying thing in the Dallas area and the CNL at the venue that would otherwise have hosted the last-chance thing.

Basically a switcheroo ↔️ to maximize revenue for CONCACAF's primary cash cow.

On 10/18/2023 at 3:41 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I hope you have bought a ticket for November and will bring back the sign @The Real Marc.

Haters gonna hate ;)

Sadly ...  BMO staff made us take down the poster. And then it got mangled on the way home.

The reaper has since met his maker at the local recycling facility.

Maybe we need a different sign.

1 hour ago, The Real Marc said:

Sadly ...  BMO staff made us take down the poster. And then it got mangled on the way home.

The reaper has since met his maker at the local recycling facility.

Maybe we need a different sign.

Too bad the game wasn't around Halloween. I wonder if you guys would of gotten a pass...

13 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

And as long as I am being annoying - if I stay somewhere in the downtown core, how do folks usually get to BMO? 

GO Train. One stop heading westbound from downtown Union station.

Get off at Exhibition station.

https://www.gotransit.com/en/system-map

Go to the "Train Map" and look at the dark red line.

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Thanks.  Will probably check out hotels within reasonable walking distance of Union.  

They are often not the cheapest but they are the most convenient.

Toronto is built so that everything converges on Union Station.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

So seeding for the CNL finals is based upon results in the two QF games? So number of points from W/D/L total, then goal difference, etc.

Seems like the US and Mexico will have the advantage. Maybe the US takes the foot off the gas in the second game away. Not sure Honduras can dig deep to Mexico keep close.

Back to needing to beat both the top two to win a trophy then.

On 10/28/2023 at 10:58 AM, Redpunkfiddle said:

So seeding for the CNL finals is based upon results in the two QF games? So number of points from W/D/L total, then goal difference, etc.

Seems like the US and Mexico will have the advantage. Maybe the US takes the foot off the gas in the second game away. Not sure Honduras can dig deep to Mexico keep close.

Back to needing to beat both the top two to win a trophy then.

I wouldn't say it's a given they finish top 2. Don't count out Honduras, especially when they have a home game without COVID restrictions. They can give Mexico problems (and of course Jamaica can give us problems too). USA finishing top seed is a good bet though. That looks like the biggest mismatch in the QFs.