CONCACAF Nations League 2023/2024 - Group Stage & ¼finals - General Thread

I'm tired of playing Jamaica...I also don't think we matchup well with them.

I keep saying we've never played a real Jamaica at home, and we didn't get a result either. 

With each game they play, they are getting familiar and developing their core.

The cold isn't an advantage considering their players are accustomed to it. 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Imagine if you were a Panama or Costa Rica fan?  They must play each other 4 times a year.  

Facts. It's almost like they can't have a rivalry because they play each other too often. Cultures are very similar, style of play too. Its like friendly enemies now.

OK.  H2H with Jamaica x2 for an important Copa spot!  Which should turn out right!

And if somehow goes south...losers from the NL quarters play other losers, 1 game, for the right to advance.  Not sure how losers are ranked, but if Canada is somehow a loser, they should be ranked fairly high, and face the weaker of the other losers. 

51 minutes ago, narduch said:

Absolutely wild to me that Concacaf hasn't officially announced the match ups yet

1) They need to update the rankings first.

2) CONCACAF often likes to announce things in the afternoon

3) They often like to give a buffer day or two to announce things internally so the respective federations can talk to each other

22 minutes ago, RJB said:

With Nations League every season, Gold Cup every two, and World Cup qualifying every four, we will play these teams regularly.

We are supposed to be thrilled to get to play the powerhouses of our region regularly, and not waste our time with minnows. 

Since we are useless organising friendlies, Concacaf Nations League will end up saving our program, forcing us to play. 

Don't feel good about playing Jamaica. Unlike them we won't have a friendly to prep and will go into the match cold. If we don't make the NL final round that is unacceptable, yet seems likely to me right now. Remember, it's not all about Copa America there is a Nations League trophy to play for too. If we want to be a top 3 team in this region we cannot be missing out on the NL finals.

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Don't feel good about playing Jamaica. Unlike them we won't have a friendly to prep and will go into the match cold

This, and also we have had only one match in the last two international windows.  So Biello and company will be hoping that the usual squad incumbents are playing regularly and in form, because those will be the starters.

22 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Don't feel good about playing Jamaica. Unlike them we won't have a friendly to prep and will go into the match cold. If we don't make the NL final round that is unacceptable, yet seems likely to me right now. Remember, it's not all about Copa America there is a Nations League trophy to play for too. If we want to be a top 3 team in this region we cannot be missing out on the NL finals.

If you do not feel good about playing Jamaica, you'll probably have nightmares  if/when we play Brazil or Argentina in Copa America 😁. Do not worry, I'll be dusting off the crystal ball in Nov.

6 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

will it be a one off or a home and home?

Home and home.

If we fail we and the other losers go into a mini tourney in March while the winners battle for the NL trophy. The losers tourney will determine the final 2 Copa America spots and that will be a one-off game at a neutral venue, probably in the USA.