CONCACAF Nations League Finals 2023 - General Thread - June 15th & 18th

30 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Canada starting to feel left behind for the next generation….

2000's and younger 
MCgill
Kone
Loturi
Nelson
Corbeanu
Davies
David
Akinola
JRR
JMR
Jebbison
Costa
De Fouherolles
Bunbury
Higazy
De Sa
Saliba
Ferdinand
and many more. 

We literally have the deepest player pool for the next generation that we have ever had. 

5 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

2000's and younger 
MCgill
Kone
Loturi
Nelson
Corbeanu
Davies
David
Akinola
JRR
JMR
Jebbison
Costa
De Fouherolles
Bunbury
Higazy
De Sa
Saliba
Ferdinand
and many more. 

We literally have the deepest player pool for the next generation that we have ever had. 

I'll add to that

Priso
Ahmed
Rea
Sigur
Michel
Colyn
Knight-Lebel
Pellegrino
Schiavoni

Edited by phresh

2 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Outside of Kone, Davies and David that list falls off a cliff/people who haven’t declared for Canada.

Almost all of them have either played for the sr team, played for youth teams, or are players who are part of the next generation and are not quite at the CMNT quality yet. 

You can't talk about the future generation and then also claim they havent declared for canada because they are too young.

Jebbison is the only undeclared player on the list who is playing first team football.

goodman, costa, and de fougerolles are 3 dual nationals who are a bit undecided but have yet to play first team. 

Then we have some really young players who technically are duals but are so far away from the first team that you cant even begin to speculate on what nation they will represent or if they will even develop enough.

Kinda concerned that Farsi isn’t there- maybe he’s already angling for a transfer abroad? I hope it’s not because Algeria (?) is piquing his interest. Same with Abzi and Morocco. Cool to see Koleosho still on the list too.

the GK situation is interesting. No Borjan, we have Crepeau who I’m shocked to hear could be ready for them, and then McGill, St. Clair, Hasal and Sirois. I assume that it’ll be DSC/Crepeau/McGill with Dayne playing all the games, but interesting.

EDIT: I somehow missed Borjan. Still, that’s a lot of GKs!

Aidan Morris is an interesting selection that I haven’t really followed, but cool to see a new name.

if I’m not mistaken, players don’t have to accept getting called to the 60 man roster, right? Herdman can just put any (eligible) name he wants there? So it doesn’t give us any idea as to if the dual nationals on the list are interested or not?

Edited by InglewoodJack

Somewhat surprising inclusions are Raposo, koleosho, Morris, Kerr and Bombito with only morris being the an actual legitimate surprise

Surprise omissions: Jebbison, Farsi, Sigur?, Abzi?, Priso? Colyn?, Saliba? 
Jebbison- at euros
Farsi - Incredibly surprising? Lets hope hes focused on MLS
Sigur - Maybe a bit early for him? I was expecting him to get on the 60 man squad
Abzi - Is he good enough? Including him would be throwing him a bone I think
Priso - Not good enough
Colyn - Somewhat surprising that he wasnt thrown a bone given hes preforming at the same level as brym
Saliba - He started with lots of minutes but has trailed off. Too early for him. 

Not surprising but no CPL guys. 

Let's not forget, if we equate the Nations League equal to the Gold Cup (yes, I know, big assumption) ... then taking home the Nations League is way easier (only 2 games to win).  The MNT need to bring home one of those trophies this summer at least to lay claim to any "top of Concacaf" messaging.

22 hours ago, Bigandy said:

Somewhat surprising inclusions are Raposo, koleosho, Morris, Kerr and Bombito with only morris being the an actual legitimate surprise

Surprise omissions: Jebbison, Farsi, Sigur?, Abzi?, Priso? Colyn?, Saliba? 
Jebbison- at euros
Farsi - Incredibly surprising? Lets hope hes focused on MLS
Sigur - Maybe a bit early for him? I was expecting him to get on the 60 man squad
Abzi - Is he good enough? Including him would be throwing him a bone I think
Priso - Not good enough
Colyn - Somewhat surprising that he wasnt thrown a bone given hes preforming at the same level as brym
Saliba - He started with lots of minutes but has trailed off. Too early for him. 

Not surprising but no CPL guys. 

Out of all these players, BIgandy, I agree with you that Farsi is a very concerning omission. Hope to see him in the Gold Cup team!