CONCACAF Nations League Finals 2023 - General Thread - June 15th & 18th

54 minutes ago, Cadeau said:

I watched Panama v Costa Rica this morning and Panama was clearly the better team. We better not take them lightly.

Think the message to the team will be we took this team lightly and we were therefore down 1-0 early to them at home and they also beat us in our last match so revenge time.

2 hours ago, masster said:

Will the CSA be allocated a block of tickets? Can we have an organized fan section?

I'm wondering. And has anyone given any though to maybe making a group booking at a nearby hotel? Just casually checking on my own, I found I can get a room for June 14 to June 19 at Mandalay Bay, a 10-minute walk from the stadium, for just under $CAD500 all in. If anyone in this group has experience in booking decent group rates, are they able to talk to hotels near the stadium and negotiate something good?

2 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

I'm wondering. And has anyone given any though to maybe making a group booking at a nearby hotel? Just casually checking on my own, I found I can get a room for June 14 to June 19 at Mandalay Bay, a 10-minute walk from the stadium, for just under $CAD500 all in. If anyone in this group has experience in booking decent group rates, are they able to talk to hotels near the stadium and negotiate something good?

I would be interested in any info about this.  

53 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

Not exactly the same thing, but note that the Luxor and Excalibur have a free tram that gets you to Mandalay Bay (runs until midnight). And those two hotels are much cheaper, albeit older/crappier hotels. New York New York and MGM Grand also within walking distance.

1 minute ago, Ruffian said:

Great for my watching from the couch. 7pm game with option to stay up late for the second game.

Good point.

I was actually imagining that playing the first match will help the players focus. I know our guys are going to be laser focused regardless, but not knowing whether you are going to play USA or Mexico is better than knowing who you are going to play and then trying to keep that out of your mind, if you know what I mean. 

19 hours ago, johnyb said:

Except for direct flights arriving that day.

No doubt, thank goodness for the 24 hour rule to get a refund on flights, had to change my flight to the day before after they announced it was a 4pm local time start