CONCACAF Nations League Finals 2023 - General Thread - June 15th & 18th

Definitely a bit of pleasant surprise. Herdman obviously ranks his potential,  high. Bringing him into a tournament where they are using their "A" team with hopes to win. Passing Henry, Hiebert, Waterman and McNaughton in the depth chart.

This is also the obvious end of the Doniel Henry love affair. Finally

Edited by blueseeka

4 hours ago, PiedPilko said:

Panama play Nicaragua in a friendly tonight. Not sure if they have their a-team together yet. 

The Panama team:

The Nicaragua team:

It ended Panama 3 Nicaragua 2.

The first goal by Nicaragua:

The second goal by Nicaragua:

The first Panama goal:

The second Panama goal:

The third Panama goal:

On 6/8/2023 at 3:43 PM, umpiredice said:

I'm sure many of you have seen this by now, but the kick-off times on Sunday June 18 have been moved up one hour.  They are now:

3:00p - bronze medal match

5:30p - championship match

Not sure if I missed this but it now appears Canada plays the first game on Thursday 

19 hours ago, trc2014 said:

Pretty gutted for Cornelius, who would have started for sure.  Also, makes me pretty concerned about Canada’s defense.

I’m not concerned about the defence at all. Central midfield is the area of concern for me as we have 3 clear starters and then 2 guys on the brink of retirement who haven’t started for their respective club sides all year and an uncapped young player from Ross county. Makes it even more shocking that Kaye wasn’t called. Herdman must really rate Loturi.

6 minutes ago, jhoops__ said:

4 days of prep should be fine.  The rest and recovery for guys in Europe is way more important imo.   I think if we lose vs Panama and don’t do well in the Gold Cup Herdman will hit the bricks…

If that’s the case why are Panama, the US and Mexico holding camps so early?

5 minutes ago, grigorio said:

Who is that woman that's often in all these videos greeting and hugging the players?

I thought it was Glass, but I remember reading that she had retired.

https://www.canadasoccer.com/profile/?id=1310

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/van-diest-canadian-olympic-champions-look-to-end-historic-year-with-victory

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Maeve was brought back on staff by JH.  As you can tell, the players really like and respect her.  Nice lady on the one occasion we’ve met.

7 hours ago, jhoops__ said:

4 days of prep should be fine.  The rest and recovery for guys in Europe is way more important imo.   I think if we lose vs Panama and don’t do well in the Gold Cup Herdman will hit the bricks…

Tell that to JH.  Doesn’t sounds very happy about the short camp.

https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/1668046151831130113