CNL: Curaçao vs Canada - Saturday, March 25th, 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - Willemstad, Curaçao

Just got back from the stadium 30 mins ago.  Went onto the pitch and the artificial turf is at best average.  Lots of black pellets with a bit of green stuff.  Baking hot in the sun but fortunately, a 9 pm kickoff will help.  The players will be on the turf shortly for their walk through.  Posted some photos on the Vs Facebook page. Stadium is all concrete blocks for seating and the VIP section is concrete blocks with cover; great during the day but not so much at night.

34 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Anyone know how to watch this outside of Canada? Out of the country rn and Fubo is apparently too smart for VPNs

Concacaf Go should have it (if you are outside of Concacaf region).  They were showing Mexico Suriname yesterday when I checked (i wanted to see if it worked as I plan to use it for the Canada match).  I live in Hong Kong.

https://www.timescolonist.com/national-sports/canadian-men-face-curacao-in-their-first-game-since-world-cup-in-qatar-6756920

Herdman's medical staff has been working on winger Tajon Buchanan, who Herdman says arrived in camp "with a little bit of a tweak" from Belgium's Club Brugge.

Reads to me that he’s not starting.

At the start of this new cycle and going into today's game, with the exception of AJ (red card), Kamal & possibly Tajon, the squad is in better form vs going into the WC. The players & coaching staff have the experience of playing 3 matches in the WC, 2 of which were vs semi-finalists. Now consider that Larin & David are in top scoring form, Staq is fit, Kone is playing very well at Watford and Adekugbe is playing on the top team in Turkey. Davies was recovering from an injury going into Qatar as were Atiba & Oso. Borjan was also supposedly carrying an injury during the WC. Yes its one game and anything can happen BUT we should win this game. No excuses.

28 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

At the start of this new cycle and going into today's game, with the exception of AJ (red card), Kamal & possibly Tajon, the squad is in better form vs going into the WC. The players & coaching staff have the experience of playing 3 matches in the WC, 2 of which were vs semi-finalists. Now consider that Larin & David are in top scoring form, Staq is fit, Kone is playing very well at Watford and Adekugbe is playing on the top team in Turkey. Davies was recovering from an injury going into Qatar as were Atiba & Oso. Borjan was also supposedly carrying an injury during the WC. Yes its one game and anything can happen BUT we should win this game. No excuses.

Considering the amount of injuries, Herdman's man management should be called out as atrocious. The amount of guys that didn't see the pitch was ridiculous and in the end the people saying "They aren't good enough" is irrelevant as we lost all three games with the "best"

Perhaps I'm just getting worked up(or perhaps PTSD from years of watching this team), but this is a trap game. Curacao have it all to play for at home and although we may be heavy favourites(atleast our roster is worth 10 times what there's is on transfermarkt), no one is talking about the Curacao manager that will be a huge advantage.

Remko Bicenti was asst manager under Herdman. He knows us very well and will surely have his tactics set up to counter our strengths. On our sidelines we will have Biello. This is not good, if we don't score early this one is going to be tight. I wouldn't bet money on this one.

Its funny, how quick we reset our expectations.  Reminds me of when we played Haiti in WCQ in 2021, before we went on a roll.  I'm sure it is PTSD, so many times we should have won but got CONCACAFD.   Not this time though, too many guys with experience in high pressure games now to falter tonight.  

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

As soon as I say this we at least get an interview

Herdman sounds a bit low key/subdued compared to the pumped up character we have come to known. Perhaps it is the NZ "job offer" or players/CSA fued or just the fact that he has now coached the Men at the WC and has raised his expectations for the team and himself

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

Herdman sounds a bit low key/subdued compared to the pumped up character we have come to known. Perhaps it is the NZ "job offer" or players/CSA fued or just the fact that he has now coached the Men at the WC and has raised his expectations for the team and himself

Probably learned his lesson after giving bulletin material to Croatia. 

47 minutes ago, Tyson M said:

Perhaps I'm just getting worked up(or perhaps PTSD from years of watching this team), but this is a trap game. Curacao have it all to play for at home and although we may be heavy favourites(atleast our roster is worth 10 times what there's is on transfermarkt), no one is talking about the Curacao manager that will be a huge advantage.

Remko Bicenti was asst manager under Herdman. He knows us very well and will surely have his tactics set up to counter our strengths. On our sidelines we will have Biello. This is not good, if we don't score early this one is going to be tight. I wouldn't bet money on this one.

Biello is extremely knowledgeable about Curaçao, don't worry.

I wasn't sure why you didn't finish the sentence.