CNL: Curaçao vs Canada - Saturday, March 25th, 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - Willemstad, Curaçao

Just now, El Hombre said:

Maybe we have such disrespect for Honduras that we plan to trot out a second string against them?

Against Honduras at home- absolutely never.

Herdman want to win a trophy.  Nations League is right there for the taking and Honduras is in our way.

He played the lineup today in order to get the result and also set them up to play Honduras.

We will play our best XI at home and no stops will be taken to win.  We need to come 1st and try to win the Nations League.

1 minute ago, baulderdash77 said:

Against Honduras at home- absolutely never.

Herdman want to win a trophy.  Nations League is right there for the taking and Honduras is in our way.

He played the lineup today in order to get the result and also set them up to play Honduras.

We will play our best XI at home and no stops will be taken to win.  We need to come 1st and try to win the Nations League.

Yeah, I was just joking.

Seems like the coaching staff have their game plan and rarely deviate regardless of the scoreline.  All you can do is hope that this is communicated to the new players early and clearly.  Mildly optimistic it is.

On 3/24/2023 at 10:58 AM, Obinna said:

Optimistic scoreline, but I like it.

Gonna go with 2-0. Away from home with Curacao motivated for revenge and playing the underdog role. Canada has 1 win in 5 coming into the match. Missing Johnston and Herdman from the touchline. Buchanan possibly not fit. Miller missing, etc.

Goal each from Larin and David in a hard-fought win. 

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

3 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Yeah, I was just joking.

Seems like the coaching staff have their game plan and rarely deviate regardless of the scoreline.  All you can do is hope that this is communicated to the new players early and clearly.  Mildly optimistic it is.

Given they have been pretty consistent about not tossing out Caps (even in safe circumstances) I suspect it is a cultural thing.  They want everyone to know that you don’t get on the field unless you earn your way onto it.  No garbage minutes in safe games, no strategic cap ties - we play the guys who will do the job all of the time. 

100% speculation but it tracks given how often we are scratching our collective heads about some guys not getting on the field.  

Edited by dyslexic nam