CNL: Curaçao vs Canada - Saturday, March 25th, 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - Willemstad, Curaçao

45 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Oh my God does this mean Biello will be coaching the team?

Should I expect Sam Adekugbe to feature as a weird holding midfielder/winger? 

The tactics from the 2021 U23 tourney still rack my brain.

Sounds like they are bringing in Olivieri in for the match, they wanted someone with more experience….

Looking at the Curacao team the entire FW corps are top level players so I imagine they'll test our defence a decent amount. 

Anita is still a baller even though he's in his 30s and the Bacuna brothers are pretty good.

Like us their defence is a question with no proper CBs and such but the XI should be all top division players. Floranus is pretty good too from the Super Lig.

Should be an exciting match.

15 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Looking at the Curacao team the entire FW corps are top level players so I imagine they'll test our defence a decent amount. 

Anita is still a baller even though he's in his 30s and the Bacuna brothers are pretty good.

Like us their defence is a question with no proper CBs and such but the XI should be all top division players. Floranus is pretty good too from the Super Lig.

How has Anita been doing in the Eredivisie I wonder? He was a baller at Newcastle for sure, but that was some time ago now and I get the impression he's far from that player today. He's not playing for a big club in Holland, but is he the lynchpin of his club? I also cannot recall him standing out against us or even playing against us last game. Was he involved? I do recall Juninho Bacuna looking good against us in Vancouver. Him and Leandro will be a good test for Eustaquio and Kone (or Atiba if he starts). 

20 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Have you seen Anita play this season?

18 hours ago, JamboAl said:

That’s interesting.  They weren’t usually flying in until the night before during the WC qualifiers.  Having said that, this isn’t the most soccer mad country in the world either (or if they do, they would be supporting Holland) so they probably won’t be bothered much.

Guessing they want to have a practice session on that artificial turf

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

“Let’s have a nice night in beautiful Curacao on Thursday after landing.”

- Julian deGuzman

If you are implying it’s taking the foot off the gas, I think you can have a very serious camp and still do this.  Not suggesting they are treating it like a vacation.

11 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

If you are implying it’s taking the foot off the gas, I think you can have a very serious camp and still do this.  Not suggesting they are treating it like a vacation.

The night before Canada kicked off their WCQ bunch of the boys were out at the Jays game. They went on to tie the game 1-1 their only dropped points at home. 

Therefore... no fun is allowed. 

5 minutes ago, frmr said:

3-0 to the good.

Optimistic scoreline, but I like it.

Gonna go with 2-0. Away from home with Curacao motivated for revenge and playing the underdog role. Canada has 1 win in 5 coming into the match. Missing Johnston and Herdman from the touchline. Buchanan possibly not fit. Miller missing, etc.

Goal each from Larin and David in a hard-fought win. 

My ideal starting 11. The only problem is we dont have alot of offensive depth. Osorio is probably the only good choice off the bench and it drops off quickly after that.

Likely will get an Akinola or Brym appearance. I would have felt better with at least 1 of Shaffelburg, Millar, Cavallini or Ugbo as a forward backup.

LINEUP111679679155613.png

Edited by Stryker911

8 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

My ideal starting 11. The only problem is we dont have alot of offensive depth. Osorio is probably the only good choice off the bench and it drops off quickly after that.

Likely will get an Akinola or Brym appearance. I would have felt better with at least 1 of Shaffelburg, Millar, Cavallini or Ugbo as a forward backup.

LINEUP111679679155613.png

Exactly how I see it. 

I think we see Atiba for Kone at some point, or Eustaquio. I think we start Atiba back in Toronto vs Honduras in the "Hutchinson appreciation" match.