FAST Channels - FIFA+ (Samsung TV Plus CA) DAZN (Pluto TV/LG CA)

CBS Sports Announces Multi-Year, Multi-Platform Rights Agreement with English Football League
paramountpressexpress.com July 18 2024

Widest Distribution of EFL Ever in the U.S. Annually with Matches Airing on Paramount+, CBS Sports Network and CBS Sports Golazo Network Through 2027-28 Season

Opening Weekend Coverage on August 9-12 Features EFL Championship and League One Action Including Birmingham City, Burnley, Leeds United, Wrexham and more

Carabao Cup Round One Matches Begin August 13-14 with Premier League Clubs Joining the Competition in Round Two Action

CBS Sports and the English Football League (EFL) today announced an exclusive, multi-year, multi-platform rights agreement for CBS Sports to offer the widest distribution of EFL matches ever in the United States. CBS Sports will air at least 250 EFL matches each season across the Championship, League One, League Two, Carabao Cup and Bristol Street Motors Trophy beginning in August and continuing through the end of the 2027-28 season. Matches will air on Paramount+ with select matches airing on CBS Sports Network and CBS Sports Golazo Network.

CBS Sports’ opening weekend Sky Bet EFL coverage includes: All Times ET

Preston North End vs. Sheffield United Friday, August 9 at 3:00 PM Paramount+ & CBS Sports Golazo Network

In addition to airing live matches, CBS Sports Golazo Networkwill provide analysis and commentary of EFL competition throughout its live studio programming, including MORNING FOOTY, CBS SPORTS GOLAZO MATCHDAY and SCORELINE. The first-of-its-kind, free, 24-hour soccer streaming network in the U.S. offers fans unparalleled coverage of all top domestic and international soccer competitions. The Network is available on connected TV and mobile devices through Paramount+, the CBS Sports App and Pluto TV, on CBSSports.com, and as a channel on The Roku Channel, Amazon FreeVee, Local Now and Plex.

• 1 month later...

Golazo! is showing EFL Championship and Serie A live games today.  I also noticed they were playing League One and Two games  yesterday.

CBS Golazo! is available at Plex, Pluto TV and :LocalNow

Boy, wouldn't it be something if there was a way you could be on your computer in Canada and make it look like you were in the US.  Then you could get all these neat shows and extra channels that for some unknown reason you are unable to receive in Canada.  Oh well, maybe someday.

I had totally forgotten they had picked up EFL (two posts above) and I didn't think they were still doing Serie A.

Teams (Players) to keep an eye on:

Bolton Wanderers FC - Arfield
AFC Bournemouth - Jebbison  
Burnley FC - Koleosho
Crewe Alexandra FC - Knight-Lebel
Fulham FC - de Fougerolles
Hull City FC - Millar 
Luton Town FC - Pepple  
MK Dons FC - McGill    
Sheffield Wednesday Ugbo    
AFC Wimbledon - Goodman

Inter Milan - Buchanan

4 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Golazo! is showing EFL Championship and Serie A live games today.  I also noticed they were playing League One and Two games  yesterday.

CBS Golazo! is available at Plex, Pluto TV and :LocalNow

Boy, wouldn't it be something if there was a way you could be on your computer in Canada and make it look like you were in the US.  Then you could get all these neat shows and extra channels that for some unknown reason you are unable to receive in Canada.  Oh well, maybe someday.

CBS main network station actually has a Serie A match on today. Probably easier if you are in Canada.

I know there was a recent chat about cord cutting and IPTV in another thread but I will post this here - I am currently on the phone with Bell Aliant (the Atlantic version of Bell) and am canceling my phone and TV service and just keeping the internet pipeline.  For anyone fed up with their pricing I highly recommend calling to cancel (even if you don’t intend to do it) - they can find lots of savings if you threaten to leave.  He initially offered a monthly credit of $47 and he was going to try and get additional savings when I told him I wasn’t interested.   If they can find $60+ dollars of savings if you threaten to walk away it would save you over $700/yr if you plan to keep their service anyway.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

I know there was a recent chat about cord cutting and IPTV in another thread but I will post this here - I am currently on the phone with Bell Aliant (the Atlantic version of Bell) and am canceling my phone and TV service and just keeping the internet pipeline.  For anyone fed up with their pricing I highly recommend calling to cancel (even if you don’t intend to do it) - they can find lots of savings if you threaten to leave.  He initially offered a monthly credit of $47 and he was going to try and get additional savings when I told him I wasn’t interested.   If they can find $60+ dollars of savings if you threaten to walk away it would save you over $700/yr if you plan to keep their service anyway.  

I once called Fido and simply said "I want to pay less."  With virtually no impact to me (they reduced the data GB, of which I only used 10% anyway) they effectively cut my bill in half.  It's amazing what you can do with a simple phone call some times.

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

he was going to try and get additional savings when I told him I wasn’t interested.

What do you mean by that.  Why weren't you interested in him saving you more money and do you remember what he said about where he was saving you money.

I need to know the details, I am going to have to make that call.  Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

What do you mean by that.  Why weren't you interested in him saving you more money and do you remember what he said about where he was saving you money.

I need to know the details, I am going to have to make that call.  Thanks in advance

He was going to see if he could get a bigger price reduction on a bundle where we still got TV and phone included with the internet.  But I didn’t want them to do that -partly because it annoys me that they only manage to get me a decent price when I tell them I am leaving.  If they wanted to keep my business they should have given me a better price all along.  So I declined the better bundle price and just kept the internet service.  I will probably be switching internet providers soon as well - Eastlink is another Atlantic Canadian ISP and offers faster speeds (for a lower monthly fee) than what I will now be getting from Bell.  But one step at a time.  

Took me a long time to “cut the cord” but I am happy with the IPTV service.  

I have no problem cutting the cord, I have pretty much my whole life, I just want an Internet connection.  I can get a free phone through Fongo as I don't use a cell phone.  I have a bunch of them (given to me) but am probably the only person on earth who has never or will ever have a cell phone account.

I don't know if Eastlink is available to me, I know they had a backhander agreement with one of the other SOBS to stay out of each other's territories, I'll have to check again.

You sound just like me, willing to cut your nose off to spite your face :)  I can make my own TV, I don't want their TV bundle just to get a better price.