Promise Oluwatobi Emmanuel Akinpelu (Promise David)

Big_M

This is Union Saint-Gilloise's current striker situation. They have Gustaf Nilsson, who is 6'6, 27 years old, and a member of the Swedish national team. Market value 6m euros and scored 16 goals in the Belgian league for them last season. His strike partner is 27-year-old Dennis Eckert Ayensa, German, 6'0, 2.5m market value. Their backup is 24-year-old Kevin Rodriguez, market value 3m, 6'3, currently playing for Ecuador at Copa America. They play a 3-5-2, so they need a few strikers on their roster, but I would guess a loan move for David would be in place. Feel like they see him as a project, and I think a season at a level slightly below the Belgian 1st division would do him good. He's still younger than the three I mentioned, albeit one year younger than Rodriguez, and has a similar physical profile to Nilsson.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, AnonymousInsider said:

This is Union Saint-Gilloise's current striker situation. They have Gustaf Nilsson, who is 6'6, 27 years old, and a member of the Swedish national team. Market value 6m euros and scored 16 goals in the Belgian league for them last season. His strike partner is 27-year-old Dennis Eckert Ayensa, German, 6'0, 2.5m market value. Their backup is 24-year-old Kevin Rodriguez, market value 3m, 6'3, currently playing for Ecuador at Copa America. They play a 3-5-2, so they need a few strikers on their roster, but I would guess a loan move for David would be in place. Feel like they see him as a project, and I think a season at a level slightly below the Belgian 1st division would do him good. He's still younger than the three I mentioned, albeit one year younger than Rodriguez, and has a similar physical profile to Nilsson.

Does anyone know if maybe one of those strikers above is potentially on the move as well and perhaps Promise is a replacement?

Edited by Corazon

Posted (edited)

Wow, thrilled for him. I see they've also signed forward Mohammed Fuseini from Randers, though I don't know what his preferred position is

Edited by phresh

21 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He heard the stupid puns on Promise and made sure he was coming in as Tobi. 

I love it personally and certain people love to rib our names especially when we are African. I know and even though I'm Ghanaian, I get ribbed on for my name. So I anglicize my name legally and it has worked out for me ever since.

That’s massive. Think he’s going to have to win his minutes out of camp. Low risk move for USG, but Belgium isn’t the highest level, so I think he can force his way into playing time, or get stitched to the bench and loaned to Mongolia if it goes the other way. Super excited for this though. Better club than any of the other rumours, I guess except for the Atletico Madrid one. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

That’s massive. Think he’s going to have to win his minutes out of camp. Low risk move for USG, but Belgium isn’t the highest level, so I think he can force his way into playing time, or get stitched to the bench and loaned to Mongolia if it goes the other way. Super excited for this though. Better club than any of the other rumours, I guess except for the Atletico Madrid one. 

delete

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

I think you have to consider both the league and the club

• 2 weeks later...