Promise Oluwatobi Emmanuel Akinpelu (Promise David)

Big_M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One goal behind the league leader. David's team has two games left, the other teams of the players he would be competing against are done, so he has a real chance at winning the golden boot. League highlights are available on Youtube, he definitely looks like man amongst boys at times. His club will be in Europe but likely David will be gone by then. Need to see him at a higher level to determine what he actually is.

Edited by El Diego
Misunderstood Estonian league schedule, there is still an entire half season left

10 hours ago, El Diego said:

One goal behind the league leader. David's team has two games left,

The Estonian season goes until November.  I could be wrong, but I don't think his club will be in Europe.  The clubs which qualified from the 2023 season are Flora, FCI Levadia, Tallinna Kalev and Paide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Meistriliiga

Edited by Buchta

8 hours ago, Buchta said:

The Estonian season goes until November.  I could be wrong, but I don't think his club will be in Europe.  The clubs which qualified from the 2023 season are Flora, FCI Levadia, Tallinna Kalev and Paide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Meistriliiga

Oh thanks, I don't know why I assumed it was an 18 match season, very weird assumption on my part. So they are about halfway through the 2024, if they stay where they are (top 3) they would be in Europe the next season, but that's obviously still a ways away.

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

Jebbo better get his act together before it's too late 🙂

It’s true though. I said it previously but he can’t afford to turn Canada down if we call him. If he wants to play in 2026 and its a coin toss between him and another striker the tiebreaker will likely be familiarity with the system. 

46 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

It’s true though. I said it previously but he can’t afford to turn Canada down if we call him. If he wants to play in 2026 and its a coin toss between him and another striker the tiebreaker will likely be familiarity with the system. 

A lot will depend on where and how he plays this season. If he performs well and is called by Marsch, I agree he should get on board. Playing for England youth is not going to elevate his status anymore.  Better to be with Canada playing vs our past 5 opponents and in the QF of Copa for example. Btw this would apply for any dual now. Our players are finally getting attention from the big 5 leagues. There's no discount on club career playing for Canada anymore.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Guy has to stay fit and get minutes. He is nowhere near Canada, let alone England if he was to commit today.

I think his rumoured potential is still somewhat intact but he just needs to get fit and opportunites. He was struggling for the latter even when he was fit. It's been downhill since they recalled him from Burton.

On the flipside if he does get opportunies and starts scoring in the championship or higher he is automatically worth the call even at the last minute. Competition is amping up though.