Kwasi Poku

phresh

1 hour ago, ahmedou said:

Coach Jesse on Kwasi Poku: ''I really like Kwasi Poku! I think he's athletic... And for a guy who's just switched to being a striker from a fullback, he has a really clever way of understanding how to move in and around in the box. Ang get open to create chances. I think he's going to get a national team shot soon!''

This will be an interesting counterpoint to the people claiming that CPL would never produce a quality Canadian international. 

17 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

This will be an interesting counterpoint to the people claiming that CPL would never produce a quality Canadian international. 

Well, it will if he becomes an impact player. Waterman, Zator and Sirois (and I am probably missing one or two others) haven't completely shut down that talk. So Poku would have to get significant time and/or make some goal contributions to stop that talking point.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I quite like the RWD Molenbeek shirt and gear, if anyone feels like paying it forward in my direction.

Also: does anyone else here think of Quasi when you see the name? I find it funny, he's sort of almost Poku.

I'm a canadian jerseys collection fan. And I encourage my friends to be canadian jersey fans like me. 

There's RWD Moleenbeek jersey (no name) on sale at Decathlon Belgium Online Store. And there's RWD Moleenbeek jersey (with name) on sale at their Fanshop.

If you're interested I can ask my belgian friend to order it for you and sending it at your adress. 

8 hours ago, Kent said:

Well, it will if he becomes an impact player. Waterman, Zator and Sirois (and I am probably missing one or two others) haven't completely shut down that talk. So Poku would have to get significant time and/or make some goal contributions to stop that talking point.

You know very well that it wont matter if a year from now there are a half dozen former CPL guys getting regular calls and maybe even a start or two it wont be enough for some people.  There will be a bunch of wing  flapping and the goal posts will get moved.  

14 hours ago, gigi riva said:

Cool kit,  Racing White Daring Molenbeek. Sounds like Something you call a Formula 1 team

Several smaller Brussels clubs got eclipsed by Anderlecht in terms of fan interest so Racing, White Star and Daring decided to merge together to try to stay relevant and compete with them without much success and the occasional bankrupcy along the way. The irony is that a club that didn't go down that route and slid down the divisions for many years called Union St Gilloise now have enough money behind them to make it into European competition under their own steam. 

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Several smaller Brussels clubs got eclipsed by Anderlecht in terms of fan interest so Racing, White Star and Daring decided to merge together to try to stay relevant and compete with them without much success and the occasional bankrupcy along the way. The irony is that a club that didn't go down that route and slid down the divisions for many years called Union St Gilloise now have enough money behind them to make it into European competition under their own steam. 

Would the landscape be the same for RUSG to climb if Racing, White Star and Daring hadn't tried to compete for so many years, or would the league be a shadow of what it is now? I don't see any irony, just a shift in power.