Kwasi Poku

phresh

5 minutes ago, gator said:

If he is in fact back with Forge that might not be a bad thing for him, he is still young and was able to play LB when Morgan wasn't available and further up the pitch when Ashtone played as well!

I want to see him in his preferred position consistently - which I think is in midfield. He reminds me of Kosi.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, VinceA said:

Surprised to see Welshman back in L1O

Welshman scored again and Poku and Khadim Kane from the Forge roster both played 90 minutes.   Forge roster players often played for Sigma in past seasons though there was no formal agreement at the time.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

• 1 year later...
On 7/11/2024 at 9:00 AM, Dominic94 said:

A little crazy but he’s now at striker and it’s going well, he’s clearly able to finish.

maybe a move up coming…

I think it's a little early for a move. He's showing some promise as a striker, but he still needs a lot of polishing in that role. Forge haven't been quick to pull the trigger on these things in the past, so I doubt they move him unless his people are really pushing for it. At this point, he's more valuable to them scoring goals than the small transfer fee they might get. I can't find any info on Campbell, but I presume he's injured, and Hamilton is not a viable full-time option at striker. They might as well play without one if Hamilton is all they have, his work-rate is so pathetic.

I spoke with Campbell last week and he told me at the time he was about 3 weeks from returning from injury, the new striker signing Nana Ampomah looked good in his limited time but he was injured as well and is just getting some minutes again, Hamilton has had his share of injuries also, he was finally starting some matches and looking good and scoring then he got hurt and is just playing limited minutes again! Most of us Forge fans were surprised when Poku who is normally a left back or left winger started playing striker but he has been doing quite well scoring some vital goals in the absence of any healthy strikers, he is not the finished product and it will be interesting to see where Bobby plays him when and if there are 3 other strikers to select from! Kwasi is only 21, he's played for Canada youth teams and he is 6'3' so there is all kinds of potential for him!

21 minutes ago, gator said:

the new striker signing Nana Ampomah looked good in his limited time but he was injured as well and is just getting some minutes again

Do they see him as a striker? He's listed as an attacking mid on Fotmob. I thought he was more of a Choiniere/Borges type player than a centre forward?

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Do they see him as a striker? He's listed as an attacking mid on Fotmob. I thought he was more of a Choiniere/Borges type player than a centre forward?

The brief times we have seen him he has been in an advanced role out wide at times, usually in the hybrid 433 Forge play the forward movement is fluid, Campbell plays wider than he did at Pacific often and I would say Hamilton is the only real CF they have although as this discussion goes Poku is doing well there!

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

Just on fire at the moment. His versatility surely makes him attractive to MLS teams. Won't be in CPL next year if he can maintain this form.

Definitely would love him in Toronto for TFC