Threads I Hate the Most

Unnamed Trialist

6 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Players vs. CSA Dispute thread, even though I contributed to it a ton, because I hated, despised and loathed the subject matter even existed ahead of the World Cup. The thread always seemed to die down and then Westhead would stir the pot with another twisted article. Thankfully it faded away in the week or so heading into the World Cup when it went All Quiet on the Westhead Front (hopefully I am not tempting fate by mentioning that now).

Dont Forget Westhead also uncovered the Hockey Canada fiasco too, So he is not anti Soccer . But I agree that thread was a bit of a downer .

2 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

Dont Forget Westhead also uncovered the Hockey Canada fiasco too, So he is not anti Soccer . But I agree that thread was a bit of a downer .

There was a bit of a weird "only we're allowed to paint the CSA in a bad light" vibe among some people on this board when Westhead was pumping out articles that, ultimately, largely proved to be true.

On 12/30/2022 at 9:35 PM, El Hombre said:

Any thread about a player with eligiblity to play for a nation other than Canada and how we should bend over backwards just so that we have the opportunity to have them grace us with their presence at a camp.

Yes.  I would add that 95% of those threads about the so called duo nationals, are players that don't even have a resume/professional profile that is better than the players in our current MNT pool.  Plus,  nobody has ever seen them play.   That's what I find frustrating.   

I miss that MOACA thread where all that stuff and names got thrown together into one thread instead of creating a useless thread for each individual name.   Those threads become "clickbait".   

There have been one to two or maybe three exceptions (names), that are very interesting talents, in the past five years or so.  And,  they were worthy of following and could or could have made a difference.  But unfortunately,  they got capped by other nations.   

I could say the exact same thing about the multitudes of threads on players who are playing in academies abroad.

Yeah, a number of people have mentioned it. Any thread where people talk about cap tying a player that doesn't play for a senior pro team yet, or calling someone to camp so they can finally get some playing time that they don't get at their club.

I used to read essentially every thread (I don't go to the MLS subforum though, and a couple others), but I can't keep up anymore. I decided a few weeks ago that I am no longer going to read threads of players I don't know/don't care about. If they turn out to be important I am sure I will hear about them in other threads and eventually start reading up on them.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Yeah, a number of people have mentioned it. Any thread where people talk about cap tying a player that doesn't play for a senior pro team yet, or calling someone to camp so they can finally get some playing time that they don't get at their club.

I used to read essentially every thread (I don't go to the MLS subforum though, and a couple others), but I can't keep up anymore. I decided a few weeks ago that I am no longer going to read threads of players I don't know/don't care about. If they turn out to be important I am sure I will hear about them in other threads and eventually start reading up on them.

I think it is because the thread creator likes the thrill of having a "discovery" credential which is fine by me, frankly.  However, just start them out in the "Players" subforum and then promote them to the MNT forum if they actually amount to something.