Threads I Hate the Most

Unnamed Trialist

The underuse of the "Players" thread is a peeve of mine.  Why can't a youth player who gets signed to a smaller European country's third division side have his thread started there and then "promoted" to this CMNT thread after he meets some criteria (say a U20 cap?(.  Sure, there are exceptions but I find this thread gets cluttered with far too many cup-of-coffee type guys.

10 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

The underuse of the "Players" thread is a peeve of mine.  Why can't a youth player who gets signed to a smaller European country's third division side have his thread started there and then "promoted" to this CMNT thread after he meets some criteria (say a U20 cap?(.  Sure, there are exceptions but I find this thread gets cluttered with far too many cup-of-coffee type guys.

I feel this way as well. I find they clutter my thread list, personally.

That said, have opened them up on occasion and learned something new, so it was a positive in that respect.

Maybe we can find more of a balance, though.  

36 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

I feel like even if Arfield retired from national team duty there would be people still filling that thread with conjecture about why he retired and how he'd help the squad.

Post from DaviesGreatGrandson, on June 22, 2122, just after Canada lost the World Cup final: ''Now, if only we had included a Scott Arfield clone in our starting XI...''

8 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

This is absolutely massive (Steven Caldwell voice). It’s a very great point. There’s gotta be a rule or something that warrants a player thread in the CMNT. There’s a bunch of guys with no caps at any level, get drafted and have a “high-level” thread.

I think this is something to be changed. 

Players vs. CSA Dispute thread, even though I contributed to it a ton, because I hated, despised and loathed the subject matter even existed ahead of the World Cup. The thread always seemed to die down and then Westhead would stir the pot with another twisted article. Thankfully it faded away in the week or so heading into the World Cup when it went All Quiet on the Westhead Front (hopefully I am not tempting fate by mentioning that now).