Stephen Afrifa

Xavier.

13 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Was Afrifa ever part of our youth teams? Can't find anything. Not part of any of our Cdn Pro academy teams and another that had to go to NCAA. 

I looked as well and it seems like he never played on any of our youth national teams. He went through the regular youth club soccer route , looks like he started playing soccer with Rexdale soccer club then switching to Woodbridge soccer club where he played until U18 before going off to play NCAA college soccer. It looks like he played NCAA the full four years instead of leaving early as many tend to do and trying his luck at the pro game . It’s crazy in a way but if things keep going the way they are going for him here is a guy who basically is getting his pro career going at basically 23 as he turned  23 this year . 

Edited by SoccMan

Stephen Afrifa 🇨🇦 vs Chicago Fire 🇺🇸

84 Minutes

1 Assist

🔥 5 Shots 

💯 3 Chances Created 

🦶 53 Touches (10 Touches in the Opponent Zone)

💨 4/7 Dribbles (67%)

🎯 20/24 Passes (83 %)

➡️ 1/4 Cross (25%)

0 Ball Loss

️ 4 Recoveries

💯 1 Clearance

🦵 1/1 Tackle (100%)

🥊 8/15 Ground Duels (53%)

☁️ 1/1 Aerial Duel (100%)

🚫 2 Faults/3 Faults Against Him

Stephen Afrifa of Sporting Kansas City shoots on goal during a Leagues Cup game between Sporting Kansas City and Chicago Fire at Children's Mercy...

• 2 weeks later...

Coach Jess on Stephen Afrifa:

''Stephen Afrifa, he’s had a great season! We evaluated him, watched him play, looking at the things that he was doing on the pitch and the kind of player he is and the kind of potential he has! I think he could fit into what we’re doing with this current team. And we’re excited to get him involved!''

“I had a conversation with him a couple days ago... And he’s really excited to come in to be part of the national team to represent the country! So I think we’ve added two really bright additions!”

1 hour ago, ahmedou said:

Coach Jess on Stephen Afrifa:

''Stephen Afrifa, he’s had a great season! We evaluated him, watched him play, looking at the things that he was doing on the pitch and the kind of player he is and the kind of potential he has! I think he could fit into what we’re doing with this current team. And we’re excited to get him involved!''

I had a conversation with him a couple days ago... And he’s really excited to come in to be part of the national team to represent the country! So I think we’ve added two really bright additions!”

So who is lying? 😂