Stephen Afrifa

Xavier.

24 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

We all do typos/autocorrects.

But "manner attackers" sounds like a brave group of guys fighting against the machine of social etiquette and made me chuckle . 

About 2am and a few drinks might help explain the typo/autocorrect 😂 

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

5/5 dribbles, 6/7 duels won and a goal in 27 minutes of playing time is pretty crazy. Perfect guy to call in and take a look at in September if he keeps it up.

Kinda crazy to think how strong our MLS-only squad could be.

I don’t disagree but we haven’t even got a look at Bair or Ugbo yet. Plus surely Tani and JRR deserve some extended minutes first. We’re obviously not dropping Larin or David. It’s really tough and we need to use this extra $ to organize a North American camp in January because as you said, that group is very strong. We have to run our program like the states and Mexico we’re that deep. 

Is Brandon Cambridge back playing yet? More of a RW but another one to watch. He was breaking out before his injury and ankle surgery I January.

It's definitely become a thing for a good handful of Canadians to land in the draft every year and get opportunites. If the whitecaps could fix their system (maybe they have and it will pay dividens in a couple of years) we are nicely set development wise with the NCCA, MLS academies, CPL/L1 and USL pathways. We will always have the odd players taking the European route or a few dual Nats coming out that way. 

13 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I don’t disagree but we haven’t even got a look at Bair or Ugbo yet. Plus surely Tani and JRR deserve some extended minutes first. We’re obviously not dropping Larin or David. It’s really tough and we need to use this extra $ to organize a North American camp in January because as you said, that group is very strong. We have to run our program like the states and Mexico were that deep. 

Is the September camp going to be a full squad or just NA based since we’re only playing US + Mexico? I agree with you that we have many guys ahead of him we haven’t seen much of, but with a lot of our guys moving to new clubs, I’m wondering if Marsch gives a hall pass to a couple big names and looks at some domestic players a bit closer. 

Afrifa is just one name, but I’d also like to see Tani play big minutes in those games. Don’t think it would hurt to let Larin stay in Spain and give him, Bair, etc., some run. 

10 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Is Brandon Cambridge back playing yet? More of a RW but another one to watch. He was breaking out before his injury and ankle surgery I January.

Was he injured? I thought he was just playing in NextPro. 

Edited by InglewoodJack

4 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Is the September camp going to be a full squad or just NA based since we’re only playing US + Mexico? I agree with you that we have many guys ahead of him we haven’t seen much of, but with a lot of our guys moving to new clubs, I’m wondering if Marsch gives a hall pass to a couple big names and looks at some domestic players a bit closer. 

Afrifa is just one name, but I’d also like to see Tani play big minutes in those games. Don’t think it would hurt to let Larin stay in Spain and give him, Bair, etc., some run. 

I don't think so? he broke through in MLS last season (two goals in 9) but fractured his ankle. Had surgery this past January.

https://www.charlottefootballclub.com/news/injury-update-brandon-cambridge-and-isaac-walker

8 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I’d be shocked if it wasn’t a full squad. It’s a FIFA break and this is massive for Marsch. 

The time for some B players might be in October in that rumoured friendly tournament but even then I think the focus should be on getting our core players together as often as possible. 

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Bair and Ugbo can't even get minutes.

We have JRR too

Great problem to have

I know right because our Canadian golden generation of talent continues even into the next decade potentially 

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, phresh said:

He's just scored an absolute banger from outside the box, over the goalie and bar down. Here it is

That is special and dirty.  Finishes a cheeky attempt with an arrogant walk off.  Makes you believe he knows this is only the beginning.  Love to see it.  I'm a fan.

Man, just looked it up, that's 6 goal contributions in 679' this season on a pretty bad team.

Edited by costarg

9 hours ago, costarg said:

That is special and dirty.  Finishes a cheeky attempt with an arrogant walk off.  Makes you believe he knows this is only the beginning.  Love to see it.  I'm a fan.

Man, just looked it up, that's 6 goal contributions in 679' this season on a pretty bad team.

At 14 seconds when they cut to the crowd there’s a guy in his kit celebrating too. Nice that he’s appreciated already. If he can be a locked in starter for them that would be massive.