Moise Bombito

phresh

11 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Especially with the style of play we’re playing with right now. We’re able to push so many players forward in our press because he can clean things up. Without him, we’d have a really hard time playing the style that Marsch wants to play I think.

This is a fear of mine. Building a playing style around him isn’t something we should get too cozy with as it would be devastating if he were to be missing. 

14 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

This is a fear of mine. Building a playing style around him isn’t something we should get too cozy with as it would be devastating if he were to be missing. 

Agreed, but I think you are looking for mobile guys in general and not statues or "phone booth" range players.

For instance, regardless of the legitimate set play threat dimension McGraw poses, do people see him getting a recall by Marsch even if he gets back to being a regular MLS starter?

5 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Agreed, but I think you are looking for mobile guys in general and not statues or "phone booth" range players.

For instance, regardless of the legitimate set play threat dimension McGraw poses, do people see him getting a recall by Marsch even if he gets back to being a regular MLS starter?

Who do we really have in that mold though? Do you consider Waterman fast enough? McNaughton? I guess Kamal or if someone like Kennedy gets back in form. Then you have the youngsters like LDF but he needs to get pro minutes first.

2 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Who do we really have in that mold though? Do you consider Waterman fast enough? McNaughton? I guess Kamal or if someone like Kennedy gets back in form. Then you have the youngsters like LDF but he needs to get pro minutes first.

I think that's why you're seeing a prospect like LDF gettng a  call up and we'll be seeing other similar prospective guys getting a look, as well.

45 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

We kinda have to mold our identity around our world class players if we want to beat world class teams. We won’t lose games because Marsch’s system fails when guys like Bombito are unavailable, we will lose those games because we only have a handful of truly elite players and need them all playing to the best of their abilities to perform well. If we need to roll out a backline of like Kamal Miller and Joel Waterman, for example, I can’t really think of a system we can employ to consistently win games. 

That said, I feel like LDF showed off some wheels when we let him play. Even a guy like Justin Smith, who is finally coming along nicely has some pace to him from what I recall. Longshots, but this only really works for us if we have top talents on the pitch. 

15 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

The spine of this team is a stellar quad of francophone studs: David, Kone, Bombito, Crepeau. Right down the middle of the pitch.  

David might be the best 10 in CONCACAF at the moment

Kone has all the tools to be the top box-to-box midfielder in the region

Bombito might already be the top CB in the region

And Crepeau is easily top five in his position in CONCACAF, no?

Hardworking, humble, talented...so thankful for these lads.

I was thinking how for so long, we’d keep saying that if you made a top 10 list of Canada and US players, we’d have the top 2, and the US would probably have 7 or 8 of the top 10, and probably most of the top 15 too. Now it’s like, we have the best striker in the region, the best left back, the best CB, do we have the best CM in Concacaf? Give him a dozen Marseille games and we will. Arguments we have the best keeper and maybe even the best RB in the region. Not too many CBs better than DC in the region either. 

Love our wingers, but if we could produce a single one as talented as our top guys, it’s lights out for Concacaf for the next generation. It’s really the only position we don’t have a truly world class player, but there’s still time for Tajon to be that guy for us. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

We kinda have to mold our identity around our world class players if we want to beat world class teams. We won’t lose games because Marsch’s system fails when guys like Bombito are unavailable, we will lose those games because we only have a handful of truly elite players and need them all playing to the best of their abilities to perform well. If we need to roll out a backline of like Kamal Miller and Joel Waterman, for example, I can’t really think of a system we can employ to consistently win games. 

That said, I feel like LDF showed off some wheels when we let him play. Even a guy like Justin Smith, who is finally coming along nicely has some pace to him from what I recall. Longshots, but this only really works for us if we have top talents on the pitch. 

Bombito is probably faster than any other cb Marsch has coached but his other teams managed fine.  DC isn’t rapid and there’s no issues with him in Marsch style. 

sure, a super slow cb is an issue but any quality cb with regular to above average pace should be able to handle this style.  

what’s devastating is not the speed loss of Bombito, it’s the lack of quality waterman offers in comparison as he isn’t good enough to read the game and position himself properly to not get countered.