Moise Bombito

phresh

la presse went with Bombito on his return to CS St. Laurent. He had 3 good lines:

I'm from Montreal, but I didn't GET my chance here. I left to the United States and this was where I really had more visibility.

I am here to show them that it’is possible to grow up in this world. My opportunity was presented in the United States, but maybe these young people could succeed at CF Montreal or with opportunities in CPL.

PSG is a team I used to play with on FIFA. So for me, to play against them and to have my friends watching the match, it’is exceptional. It was a dream. And being able to achieve it, it is something big.

https://www.lapresse.ca/sports/soccer/2024-10-08/visite-au-cs-saint-laurent/le-retour-aux-sources-de-moise-bombito.php?sharing=true

Edited by red card

I said it in the game chat, but Bombito makes defending look so god damn cool. So athletic, flying around the pitch, running down guys like its no big deal, jumping back heels to save corners, and screaming like a maniac to get the crowd pumped up. I love him, may be my favourite player on the squad.

2 hours ago, Vasi said:

I was at the game. This guy saved a few shure fire goals. There were a bunch of "Bombito" chants. 

A true anchor to our backline. 

For those not at the stadium.  Davies came and grabbed the drum from the fans and the fans chanted for Bombito to lead the drum celebrations.  He seemed shy and hesitant but with a little support from Davies showing him how to do it, he obliged.  Well earned and well deserved after that performance.

1 hour ago, ahmedou said:

Grinta.

Did you see his celebration when he did the tackle against the Panama.

The fans yelled his name all game.

Huge progression since Nice.

Did the drums tradition with the Voyageurs at the end of the game.

20241015_213921.thumb.jpg.72de521d9bde319622b27b48b77748b5.jpg

Highlight of the game for me.  The passion after an exceptional chase down and tackle.

2 hours ago, Corazon said:

Highlight of the game for me.  The passion after an exceptional chase down and tackle.

Bombito celebrated that with the ball carrier. The ball carrier was in front of him. It was the highight of the ball carrier life. The ball carrier will remember that for the rest of his life. Maybe the ball carrier will be the new Bombito, who knows...

From: Bombito doesn’t deserve to be on a B team gold cup squad because he hasn’t played enough mls games like Zach McGraw has.

to: he’s played 5 games in ligue 1 and had a great game in a friendly… he’s going to be our best player of all time surpassing champions league winner Davies. 

there is no middle ground with us. 

Edited by Bigandy

6 minutes ago, Snowcrash said:

Everyone's right to rave about his athletic prowess but his reading of the game as grown by leaps and bounds with Nice and it'll only get better playing next to a great pro like Dante. 

Has it?

he was incredible at Copa against much higher quality attackers and that was before nice.

Last night he was caught out several times or misread an attackers run. His incredible pace and body control allowed him to slow down and usually step between the man and the ball.

obviousky huge improvements in the last year and improvements with nice but I don’t think this performance was because of leaps and bounds at nice.  I think he needs more time to really see the grow at nice which is wildly exciting.