Moise Bombito

phresh

11 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

His base card already has 91 pace!

The fastest guy I had on my ultimate team last year was Ibrahim Cissoko who is a 79 speed and was boosted to 97 speed with his special Europa league card. If Bombito gets a boosted card, he might have 99 speed which is absolutely nuts. If they give him a decent shot too, he might actually be able to be deployed as a winger or striker. I know a lot of online players use Van Dijk as their striker for similar reasons.

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

The fastest guy I had on my ultimate team last year was Ibrahim Cissoko who is a 79 speed and was boosted to 97 speed with his special Europa league card. If Bombito gets a boosted card, he might have 99 speed which is absolutely nuts. If they give him a decent shot too, he might actually be able to be deployed as a winger or striker. I know a lot of online players use Van Dijk as their striker for similar reasons.

Extremely unlikely. There isn’t a single 99 pace cb in 24 at the end of the game. No chance they give any cb 99 pace prior to futties and then it’s a biiig if that Bombito gets a future card. Even if he did, it would be less than a month of using him.   You can use st juste As a comparison card 

34 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Extremely unlikely. There isn’t a single 99 pace cb in 24 at the end of the game. No chance they give any cb 99 pace prior to futties and then it’s a biiig if that Bombito gets a future card. Even if he did, it would be less than a month of using him.   You can use st juste As a comparison card 

TOTW cards typically start off at like 82 OVR or so. Since Bombito’s regular card is rated 69 OVR I think, he’s going to need to get boosted by 13 points overall, and that’ll need to come from somewhere- probably mostly from pace. Not a CB (technically) but Ali Johnston’s TOTW had 90 pace last year, I think he was 82 pace in his regular card. I think most TOTW stat boosts start at like +5, so Bombito being in the high 90s is not out of the realm of possibility. I think St. juste’s special card pace maxed out at 95 last season, so maybe it would be lower. Guess we’ll see if he does make TOTW- I know some weeks they just don’t add any CBs and go with like 5 strikers, so who knows.

also- I kinda didn’t play much online towards the end of last season, I totally missed they have AJ a Copa card where he’s rated 95OVR with absolutely insane stats across the board. Would be such a fun card to play.

20 hours ago, frattinator said:

I swore off playing FIFA after the whole licensing fiasco, but now with more and more of our players playing in Europe it might be time for me to indulge in that vice again.

It’s fun, because you can actually put together a decent team of Canadians, and outside of some specific overpowered Davies cards, most of our players are either super cheap or super common to pack. I had a squad last year that featured a boosted Jonathan David and TOTW Theo Bair, boosted Davies card as my left winger, special Sinc card as my CAM, TOTW Alistair Johnston at right back, and Kailen Sheridan between the sticks too was very solid. I also deployed Quinn and Sophie Schmidt too. Now that FIFA has women in it, you can build some really powerful Canadian squads. 

5 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Twice in the first nine minutes that Oyarzabal has gotten the better of Bombito with clever movement, luckily for Nice his final touch has been lacking. He's such a nice player, this will be a great test and learning experience for Bombito.

Then he has a really good play where he follows Oyarzabal high up the pitch in the build up and wins the ball well, leading to a shot from Nice. He's essentially man marking Oyarzabal, interesting instruction -- not sure if this is now Nice have been playing, it is my first time watching them this year.

1 hour ago, El Diego said:

Twice in the first nine minutes that Oyarzabal has gotten the better of Bombito with clever movement, luckily for Nice his final touch has been lacking. He's such a nice player, this will be a great test and learning experience for Bombito.

Not watching but Oyarzabal is a premium player with great goal instincts. He's very slippery and finishes extremely well for a guy who looks like a lab technician. Will try to find it on replay tomorrow. 

La Real have had killer strikers in recent years, like Alexander Isak or Sorloth,this year they don't have a big target that's tested.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Nice are allowing the two other CBs- Dante and Ndyashimye get really forward, they’re practically playing as fullbacks, and as a consequence, Bombito is playing quite deep and has been relatively quiet. Nice header to clear a ball in his box, one play where he tracked down a guy from far back in the box, but otherwise, a lot of safe passes, no big plays but also no big errors either. Only engaged in 3 duels all match won 1, no tackles. 

Towards the end of the game, Ndyashimye was practically playing as a winger. I think how he plays is a good model for what Bombito could do once he’s given a bit more freedom.

45 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Nice are allowing the two other CBs- Dante and Ndyashimye get really forward, they’re practically playing as fullbacks, and as a consequence, Bombito is playing quite deep and has been relatively quiet. Nice header to clear a ball in his box, one play where he tracked down a guy from far back in the box, but otherwise, a lot of safe passes, no big plays but also no big errors either. Only engaged in 3 duels all match won 1, no tackles. 

Towards the end of the game, Ndyashimye was practically playing as a winger. I think how he plays is a good model for what Bombito could do once he’s given a bit more freedom.

I honestly don't hate him just being trained in that.

Before anything we just need two solid CBs.  

43 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I honestly don't hate him just being trained in that.

Before anything we just need two solid CBs.  

I agree, even though it makes for some frustrating watching. A few instances where he had a big pocket of space in front of him, but instead of charging into it, he would make a safe pass to one of his CB partners. His time will come.

''Bombito, he's very strange fast, intelligent he put some impact. He's like Tobido. It's strange because he never played in a great championship.''

''Really great Bombito.''

''Bombito almost irreproachable.''

''Great game, yes.''

''Props to the defence they were serious.''

''How we scored goals without conceding.''

"The defence did well.''

''Positive note: The defence.'' 

Watched full highlights and analysis in Spain, they felt that La Real did well to keep the tie 2nd half and that it showed character, so basically that Nice could have gotten the win. Mostly from RS perspective, but seemed to think since they can't score (3 in 7 matches), they might as well play better defense. 

From highlights I saw, was a very interesting game. I did not expect much from Nice when Bombito signed, but they are an entertaining team, very lively, and I think a great fit for Moise, if they go to attack like that and he's often alone to sort things out he'll mature fast--and get scouted by better clubs fast as well.

11 hours ago, ahmedou said:

''Bombito, he's very strange fast, intelligent he put some impact. He's like Tobido. It's strange because he never played in a great championship.''

''Really great Bombito.''

''Bombito almost irreproachable.''

''Great game, yes.''

''Props to the defence they were serious.''

''How we scored goals without conceding.''

"The defence did well.''

''Positive note: The defence.'' 

Quotes from OGC Nice fans. On the OGC Nice forum.

https://www.ogcnissa.com/forum/

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

From highlights I saw, was a very interesting game. I did not expect much from Nice when Bombito signed, but they are an entertaining team, very lively, and I think a great fit for Moise, if they go to attack like that and he's often alone to sort things out he'll mature fast--and get scouted by better clubs fast as well.

Not to mention, Nice have been hit with a big injury bug, especially with their attack. Moffi, Bouga, and Laborde, all starters last year have been out, and even missed the 8-0 game too, so they basically have an entire front 3 on IR- when they’re full strength, they’re going to have quite a strong squad.

Very nice to see fans and local press give him a much better review than what the counting stats say.  If this is how he’s rated when he’s playing extremely conservative, once the training wheels come off, it’s going to be scary out there.